PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

the significance of Dez Willingham

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

the significance of Dez Willingham

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:48 am

Tubbs has alot of work left to do, but for you guys that are down on his recruiting already, why don't you acknowledge Dez Willingham as a major signing? Is it because he is a transfer and did not come straight from high school? Is it because you have not seen him play yet? In case you didn't know Willingham was the a Rivals 4 Star recruit out of high school. He was ranked #75 nationally in the class that Lebron James was #1. Dez was the Class 5A State Tournament MVP as a senior. The only higher ranked recruit we have had in the past 15 years is BHop. Think about that.

If Tubbs gets a player of Dez's caliber every year or even every other year, that is a major improvement and probably all you could reasonably hope for when he got hired. Kimball has a dynamite class coming up in the next few years, look for Tubbs to be all over that. You boys get on board with Tubbs and you wont be sorry. Before you say I am biased, I was here before Tubbs and I'll be here after Tubbs is gone. Support somebody, we don't get behind anybody around here.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:15 pm

good point
smupony94

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:22 pm

you are absolutely correct. One quaity player from the DFW area in every recruiting class and Tubbs will field a contender within 4 years. Took Bliss 3 years operating under that same theory and he had the luxury of a support group that could buy players from outside of the DFW area. I like the fact we FINALLY appear to have a point guard. I expect Dez will make everyone else better. That's what a quality PG does
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball