PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bad ESPN Pub at OSU Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bad ESPN Pub at OSU Game

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:58 pm

ESPN last night showed a clip of the SMU-OSU game where a OSU player drove to the basket between two SMU players who appeared glued to the floor. The comment was that the announcers grandmother could do a better job in guarding the basket than SMU. Implied a lack of effort.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Up » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:04 am

I didn't see the game, but the final score was a hell of a lot closer than I feared it might be. I assumed we put together a good effort.
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby 2112 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:25 am

Not a good sign, when the opponents coach say's "we love playing the ponies" PATSY!!!
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:36 am

he wasn't calling us a patsy. Sutton actually won alot of close games against SMU over the years and he probably respects us more than he should. Remember, most of his career he was at Arkansas before Ok State. They were the premier program in the SWC, but SMU had his respect I'm sure. You guys are off base on this.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby White Helmet » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:26 am

I saw the game on DirecTV. This was my first chance to see the ponies, they did put out some good effort. The main problem was that most of our big men, Morris, Ike, Ritter all picked up quick and cheap fouls, Rack played well and seemed to be stronger than 2 years ago, put had to spend time on the bench sucking air. Dez is extrememly quick especially counter-punching made baskets. Pearson had trouble creating space and I think late in the game only had 2 points on 3 shots. And shockingly I would like to see us putting the ball down low, many times Rack or Morris was working hard and getting good position and then a guard would just start rotating the ball back around the perimeter, but overall the game was a good effort by the ponies, just need to avoid the cheap fouls down low.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball