PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU 1 Point Favorite Tonight

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU 1 Point Favorite Tonight

Postby bagice » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am

Wow,

The oddsmakers sure love us at home, we have been the opening line favorite for everyone home game this year despite going 2-4 at home in conference play.

I guess the streak will end Saturday though with Memphis, if we are favored in that one, there would need to be an investigation.

Looking forward to the game tonight, Tulsa usally brings a lot of fans, should be a lively atmosphere and I say the Ponies pull one out!
Womack + Wishbone = Heisman

Class of 89
bagice
Heisman

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:57 pm

We're due. Let's get a big lead and keep it. Our fans deserve some relief from the close loses.

I think we win, because I cannot go tonight. I have been to all the home conference loses and none of the wins. Maybe the oddsmakers heard I wouldn't be there tonight.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUguy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:19 pm

Neither team should run the other over. Like Treadway said, let's get a lead and hang on to it, and send Tulsa packing!

GO MUSTANGS!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm

last chance to win a game this year?
Charleston Pony

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:07 pm

one of the more dismal crowds, atmospheres and performances I can remember for a conference game. I know we are depleted depth wise, but we basically have the same starting lineup on the floor that started the season. We sure arent peaking at the end of the season by any means. losing the rebounding battle by 15+ boards is usually a sign of no energy and not as much effort as you need. At home no less. Its been a depressing season with a most unimpressive ending.
Hoop Fan

Postby bagice » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:05 am

Was really suprised by the crowd size, no students, except for the PIKES who were there cuz of some chick's birthday, and hardly any Tulsa fans, fewest I can ever remember.

Tough shooting first half, Killen and Dez had rough nights shooting all night long...good to see Pearson back...Ike is the man, too bad he has no help.....

Bout all you can say about that game....

Bring on Memphis!!

Class of 89
bagice
Heisman

Postby regis » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Yeah, it was sooooooo great of the PIKES to grace us with their presence at the start of the second half.
regis
Varsity

Postby bagice » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 pm

regis wrote:Yeah, it was sooooooo great of the PIKES to grace us with their presence at the start of the second half.

They had to show up in time for the birthday message on the big screen :P .

Funny thing is, I saw them all walking down the road outside Moody before the game as I was going in...guess they got lost and couldn't make it for the first half.

Although, I will cut them slack because at least they did show up which cannot be said for 99.999999 percent of the student population.

Class of 89
bagice
Heisman

Postby giacfsp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:28 pm

Greg Kinzer was in Moody last night.
giacfsp
Heisman

Return to Basketball