PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CUSA tourny continues - Rice wins again

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

CUSA tourny continues - Rice wins again

Postby Sam I Am » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:42 am

Even though BB is over for us, the CUSA tournament plays on. Maybe only Memphis matters, but have you noticed that Rice has won again and will play Houston tonight in the semis? The winner might get an NIT invite or better, depending on how they look losing in the finals. If you want perspective about how SMU did this year, watch their peers in the post-season.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

It's always Memphis

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:18 pm

The CUSA is a one team conference, especially if the conference tournament is played in Memphis. UH wasn't humiliated, so maybe they go to the NIT. OK, let's hope that Memphis earns some respect points in the NCAA playoffs for the sake of our teams in the future. Just because our guys have turned in their uniforms doesn't mean the season is over. There are things happening that still matter to us in BB.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby angryfan04 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Does anyone know how the revenue from post season play is divided among the conference....is is something like half for the team in the tourney and the other half for remaining teams?
angryfan04
Varsity

Return to Basketball