PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

good old day syndrome

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby gregkinzer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:19 am

I don't know...putting on hardwood might get everyone ready for playing at Augusta at the Masters in April. And Putt-Putt courses with the astroturf are pretty high on the stimpmeter as well...

The truth to creating a schedule is you don't make the 2008-09 schedule the year of the 2007 season. Schedules are often made 4-5 years ahead of time. That is why you have teams that have a "killer" schedule oftentimes are just unlucky because a few of the marginal teams that were considered wins 4 years before are ranked, etc. Suffice it to say if you asked Orsini for the schedule for 2008-09 he would be able to produce it, or at least 85% of it.
Greg Kinzer
SMU Basketball 1989-1993

Bring back the SWC!!!
gregkinzer
Scout Team

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Greg, football schedules are made 4 or 5 years in advance, not basketball. Doherty probably made 100% of this years schedule. Nothing unusual about that. But it seems to me that if you are planning to make a run at an at large bid in the next couple years, you at least have to start setting up quality opponents for home and home series very soon.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gregkinzer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:51 pm

oh I agree completely on needing to upgrade for any hope of an at-large. I remember shumate talking about working on the 1993 schedule when I was a freshman.....but either way we are in agreement with what needs to be done.

I supposing all is moot unless we starting winning against the various directional-state-universities at home.
Greg Kinzer
SMU Basketball 1989-1993

Bring back the SWC!!!
gregkinzer
Scout Team

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:05 pm

gregkinzer wrote:oh I agree completely on needing to upgrade for any hope of an at-large. I remember shumate talking about working on the 1993 schedule when I was a freshman.....but either way we are in agreement with what needs to be done.

I supposing all is moot unless we starting winning against the various directional-state-universities at home.

amen that.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:23 pm

How did this thread go from Moody atmosphere to BB scheduling?
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby gregkinzer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm

like most threads it gets derailed.....
Greg Kinzer
SMU Basketball 1989-1993

Bring back the SWC!!!
gregkinzer
Scout Team

Postby DiamondM75 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:39 pm

DiamondM75 wrote:........During the winter break, invite local high school cheerleaders and pom squads to fill in. Play their music, let them do halftimes, let them cheer. Make it a contest and the winner gets $$$ for their organization. Anything is more interesting than putting on a hardwood floor.

I had another thought about this. Since we need the advertising revenue, we could call this the ___________ Spirit Contest. The sponsor would get their name mentioned all over Moody. We could even have video that played thru out the regular season showing highlights and congratuating _______ High School for winning the _________ Spirit Contest.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball