PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good Job Coach Doherty!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Good Job Coach Doherty!

Postby papawasamustang » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 am

On whether Doherty attended Friday’s high school exhibition games, hosted by SMU, which featured match-ups between top Dallas area teams: “I was at all the games and left at 11:15 last night, after the first quarter of the last game. It was great to have that on our campus. It was great traffic. Again, Dallas is important to us and to have the Dallas teams, the Dallas fans, on our campus and seeing what’s going on here, it will pay dividends down the road.â€
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Re: Good Job Coach Doherty!

Postby mr. pony » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 am

[quote="papawasamustang"]On whether Doherty attended Friday’s high school exhibition games, hosted by SMU, which featured match-ups between top Dallas area teams: “I was at all the games and left at 11:15 last night, after the first quarter of the last game. It was great to have that on our campus. It was great traffic. Again, Dallas is important to us and to have the Dallas teams, the Dallas fans, on our campus and seeing what’s going on here, it will pay dividends down the road.â€
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

LOL, he would have been murdered if he didn't attend. Hardly worthy of praise. Doh may be a lot of things, but he gets out there. If the games are in his house, you can be damn sure he's gonna be there.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:59 pm

PonyDoh wrote:LOL, he would have been murdered if he didn't attend. Hardly worthy of praise.

You're right. I knew there was bound to be something negative, or at least suspicious, about that post. Be careful who and what you "praise" - it rankles folks.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby papawasamustang » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:LOL, he would have been murdered if he didn't attend. Hardly worthy of praise.

You're right. I knew there was bound to be something negative, or at least suspicious, about that post. Be careful who and what you "praise" - it rankles folks.

Nobody has been more critical of Coach Doh than me.
However, these are the types of things that must be happening around here & I was glad to see it take place.

Just trying to show a little love for our struggling program.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:44 pm

papawasmustang wrote:struggling

SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball