PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Two WBB Recruits Go to State

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Two WBB Recruits Go to State

Postby Tipoff96 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Not sure if this belongs in the basketball section or the recruiting section - I'll post here since the women's team is getting some love here. Sarah Shelton competed in the TAPPS state tourney this past weekend. They lost in the semifinals but congrats to Sarah for the great season. Alisha Filmore (Mansfield Summit) is competing at the state tourney this weekend. Good luck to Alisha!

You have to commend the coaches for consistently recruiting and signing players that compete in the state tournament. Recruiting winners is important for future success of the program.
Tipoff96
Varsity

Postby Higher Authority » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Good luck to both!

Recruiting players with talent is one thing. Recruiting players with talent who also know how to win - that's even better.
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Postby George S. Patton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 pm

This is the second time in three years this has happened.

Haley Day and LaLa Hill did the same thing in 2007 with Rockwall and FW Dunbar. If I'm not mistaken, both teams won their state championships.
George S. Patton

Postby PonyPride » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 pm

George S. Patton wrote:This is the second time in three years this has happened.

Haley Day and LaLa Hill did the same thing in 2007 with Rockwall and FW Dunbar. If I'm not mistaken, both teams won their state championships.
That's true, and each was named MVP of her state championship game.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Tipoff96 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Samantha Mahnesmith went to state last year for Kennedale; Day and Hill went in 2007. So that's three years in a row if I'm counting right.
Tipoff96
Varsity

Postby George S. Patton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Forgot about her. But winning breeds winning.

I'm pumped about the tournament and to get it started on Friday against either UAB or ECU.
George S. Patton

Return to Basketball