PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SWEET 16 PICK

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SWEET 16 PICK

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:09 am

I HAVE Pittsburgh. Pulling for Memphis.

Xavier
Villanova
Syracuse
Purdue
Pittsburgh
Oklahoma
North Carolina
Missouri
Michigan State
Memphis
Louisville
Kansas
Gonzaga
Duke
Connecticut
Arizona
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby untitled » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:18 pm

I have UCONN winning it all, but I'm pulling for Memphis.

On a side note, is my cable guide correct when it shows CBS airing only two of tonight's games, while Division II basketball airs on CBS College Sports? Really? CBS should take a page from NBC's Olympic coverage, and show as much NCAA tourney on as many channels as possible. I know there are contracts in place, and I am admittedly unfamiliar with a major network's flexibility with these things, but let's face it, the other two Sweet 16 games would undoubtedly get better ratings. If ABC or NBC had the tourney, they'd take advantage of ESPN2/News/U/Classic and USA/MS/CNBC when needed.
untitled
Varsity

Postby J.T.supporta » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:51 pm

untitled wrote:I have UCONN winning it all, but I'm pulling for Memphis.

On a side note, is my cable guide correct when it shows CBS airing only two of tonight's games, while Division II basketball airs on CBS College Sports? Really? CBS should take a page from NBC's Olympic coverage, and show as much NCAA tourney on as many channels as possible. I know there are contracts in place, and I am admittedly unfamiliar with a major network's flexibility with these things, but let's face it, the other two Sweet 16 games would undoubtedly get better ratings. If ABC or NBC had the tourney, they'd take advantage of ESPN2/News/U/Classic and USA/MS/CNBC when needed.

if you have the direct tv package you get all 4 games but what CBS does is air all for games, its just that you'll only get 2 from your surrounding area/region...if that makes any sense.

im hoping the UCONN game is shown in the Southern US area and im sure the Mizzou Memphis game will be aired as the 2nd game in the double header.

CBS does show as much as they can. plus the games are 20 minutes after each other so youll be seeing the ends to all of the games
J.T.supporta

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:31 pm

wELL THERE WENT pIT GUESS I WILL RIDE WITH Villanova
One Trick Pony

Return to Basketball