PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

McCoy is leaving

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:31 pm

rusty: any relation to puddin' or wu?
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: McCoy is leaving

Postby Cadillac » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:37 pm

rustytang wrote:Hey General, I don't mean to upset you but you know d??? well McCoy is better off playing anywhere else than SMU. I wish I can give you a link but then again I AM THE LINK.

Now, if you are a real General then go and do your job and fire that coach then we can talk, so stop wasting my time . Now, there's a job for you.

Yes, this makes sense. Generals are in charge of college athletics. No wonder we can't find Bin Laden.

-CoS
Cadillac
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU 86 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Dude, no offense but I think you meant to have your screen name as rustystang not rustytang. You need to send a mod a message to get that corrected IMO. Sorry, but I just can't stop laughing at that since Ponydawg pointed that out. Just a suggeston.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

Postby PonyKai » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:09 pm

rustytang wrote:you know d??? well McCoy is better off playing anywhere else than SMU. .

Well thank god we get an unbiased opinion.
PonyKai

Postby Jumpshooter » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 pm

George S. Patton wrote:The SMU beat reporter from the DMN flat out stinks. This isn't a coverage issue. It's just an ability to do the job, which she has been failing at pretty much since she started. Just a lazy reporter.

says the wanna-be sportswriter
Jumpshooter
Recruit

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 pm

rustytang wrote: well McCoy is better off playing anywhere else than SMU. I wish I can give you a link but then again I AM THE LINK.

Now, if you are a real General then go and do your job and fire that coach then we can talk, so stop wasting my time . Now, there's a job for you.

No. 1 -- I can't fire the coach. That's the athletic director's job.
No. 2 -- You tipped your hand about McCoy being better off playing somewhere else. So you're advancing your agenda about McCoy. Why is he better off playing anywhere else than SMU? You want to expand on that? That's a pretty vague but stinging accusation.
No. 3 -- Since you are the link, what has he told you after going on Ch. 52 stating that he was basically excited about the 2009-2010 season. He was just blowing smoke?
No. 4 -- I'm tired of prima dona athletes who want Ws and titles handed to them and will whine for it rather than work for it. I'm not saying McCoy is like it, but it's a chronic condition I see with today's athletes.

Look I'm sorry that we went 9-21 and finished last in conference USA and that things didn't go as well as we hoped.

If he has a poor relationship with Doherty and it can't be worked out, then I wish him the best. If he wants to go home because he hates being that far away, then OK.

All I can tell you is I came to SMU about 1,500 miles away from home and learned a lot more about self-reliance and not having to run to mom and dad when something popped. I dealt with it.

Bottom line, you still haven't stated one thing that has led to why this would happen other than,

"By the way, McCoy is leaving.''

You've just talked about something that a lot people have talked about since February.

I guess we'll know when we get something OFFICIAL from the school.
George S. Patton

McCoy is leaving

Postby rustytang » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:19 pm

HATS OFF TO THE GENERAL!!!!!!!

1. Dah...I know you can't fire the coach...you're just a general
2. Why would McCoy want to stay at SMU with little help on the court?
3. Maybe he was just blowing smoke on Ch 52. Maybe it was the right
thing to say then.
4. Yeah, I'm also tired of prima dona athletes...

McCoy has a great relationship with all the coaches. I know he wishes his family can watch most of his games.

I'm happy you came to SMU and learned a lot more about self-reliance. We all do adjust, some sooner others later.

Bottom line, "BY THE WAY , I HOPE MCCOY IS NOT LEAVING."

It was awesome stirring up something just to see how much you all love your boy.

Bye for now, until he receives his release.lol
rustytang
rustytang

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 pm

rustytang wrote:HATS OFF TO THE GENERAL!!!!!!!

1. Dah...I know you can't fire the coach...you're just a general
2. Why would McCoy want to stay at SMU with little help on the court?
3. Maybe he was just blowing smoke on Ch 52. Maybe it was the right
thing to say then.
4. Yeah, I'm also tired of prima dona athletes...

McCoy has a great relationship with all the coaches. I know he wishes his family can watch most of his games.

I'm happy you came to SMU and learned a lot more about self-reliance. We all do adjust, some sooner others later.

Bottom line, "BY THE WAY , I HOPE MCCOY IS NOT LEAVING."

It was awesome stirring up something just to see how much you all love your boy.

Bye for now, until he receives his release.lol

Flushed out the fraud.
George S. Patton

Postby Dark Horse » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:11 am

George S. Patton wrote:No. 1 -- I can't fire the coach. That's the athletic director's job.
Yeah, well, you also can't tell players to "clean out their lockers" — but that didn't stop you.
How do you know where to draw the line? :shock: :?: :roll:
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby jtstang » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:28 am

Where there's smoke there's fire? If you were a talented player with some semblance of self esteem left, it is hard to imagine being disappointed with SMU?
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
jtstang

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 am

. Maybe he was just blowing smoke on Ch 52. Maybe it was the right
thing to say then.

what does this mean?
Pony_Fan

Postby Silk » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 am

Dark Horse wrote:
George S. Patton wrote:No. 1 -- I can't fire the coach. That's the athletic director's job.
Yeah, well, you also can't tell players to "clean out their lockers" — but that didn't stop you.
Touche.
Silk
Varsity

Postby Mustangsabu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 pm

PonyPride wrote:
George S. Patton wrote:The SMU beat reporter from the DMN flat out stinks. This isn't a coverage issue. It's just an ability to do the job, which she has been failing at pretty much since she started. Just a lazy reporter.
Wrong. Bobbi is a very good reporter and anything but lazy. She often does stories that don't make the paper because of space restrictions or some other explanation, but to suggest that she doesn't have the ability or is lazy is simply inaccurate. I have been at plenty of games and press conferences, etc., where she writes a story that gets bumped for a riveting update on Romo and Jessica or something, but she's damn good at what she does.

Bobbi is awesome. I will have nothing bad said about her. The DMN's decision to print, or not print her stories, or to cut them in length is not her problem. And she has been very supportive of the program.
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 am

I wish I could leave ponyfans but I can't find any other message boards that will allow me to transfer in and Doh won't sign a release
smupony94

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 am

Silk wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:
Touche.

Seemed like I was right about Alex Malone's status.
George S. Patton

Previous

Return to Basketball