PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

McCoy update

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby smupony94 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 pm

couch 'em wrote:This was a joke, but in retrospect is more plausible than I intended.

You sir get a red horseshoe. Well played and executed.
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Maybe we should get these threads deleted. smupony94 any ideas? This time you could work your magic for the Common Good.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby bagice » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Heh, good one. Had me going. Please let the nakedness commence and kill this thread.
Womack + Wishbone = Heisman

Class of 89
bagice
Heisman

Postby Mustang22 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm

wow, congratulations couch .... i will never believe a thing you say again.

:twisted:
Mustang22
Scout Team

Postby Dark Horse » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:08 am

Stallion wrote:if this is true as soon as he walks on the football field it will be counted as a Football Scholarship-BUT I thought McCoy was considered a Top CB prospect rather than WR.
Despite the fact that this thread was a joke, I think this statement is untrue. If he played both sports, he would remain a basketball scholarship because he played basketball only in his first year.

With that said ... Paul, PonyFans love watching you play, and we want and need you running the show for us for the next few years. Please put this jibberish to rest, and I'll renew my season tickets as soon as they go on sale.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby The XtC » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Dark Horse wrote:
Stallion wrote:if this is true as soon as he walks on the football field it will be counted as a Football Scholarship-BUT I thought McCoy was considered a Top CB prospect rather than WR.
Despite the fact that this thread was a joke, I think this statement is untrue. If he played both sports, he would remain a basketball scholarship because he played basketball only in his first year.

With that said ... Paul, PonyFans love watching you play, and we want and need you running the show for us for the next few years. Please put this jibberish to rest, and I'll renew my season tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Actually, he is correct, if you cannot play football while on athletic scholarship for another sport. Rule was made to prevent teams from warehousing players, without it schools would create bowling teams and mens questrian teams, to give scholarships to potential football recruits. If you play football, you MUST be on football scholarship (or no scholarship/walk on).
Try not to choke on the Kool-Aid.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:26 am

The XtC wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:

Actually, he is correct, if you cannot play football while on athletic scholarship for another sport. Rule was made to prevent teams from warehousing players, without it schools would create bowling teams and mens questrian teams, to give scholarships to potential football recruits. If you play football, you MUST be on football scholarship (or no scholarship/walk on).

If you wanted to play football, and b-ball, wouldn't you just count as a
scholie in both sports :?:
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby The XtC » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 pm

PlanoStang wrote:
The XtC wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:

If you wanted to play football, and b-ball, wouldn't you just count as a
scholie in both sports :?:

No, you'd only count as one scholarship, and it would be for football.
Try not to choke on the Kool-Aid.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby Mustangsabu » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:56 pm

This thread just about made my day (yes I need FB season to start). I am still laughing. This is a classic! I think it shows how fragile SMU fans (both FB and BB) are, that this could seem plausible enough to so many.
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball