PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Receives Votes In USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Poll

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:04 am

From SMUMustangs.com:

Mustangs are one of two C-USA schools to earn votes.

Nov. 4, 2009

DALLAS (SMU) - The SMU women's basketball team received votes in the first USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Poll of the 2009-10 season. The Mustangs were one of two schools in Conference USA to get votes, with UCF the other.

SMU which is coming off a C-USA Regular Season Championship last year, returns all five starters from last year's squad, as well as four seniors. In the last two seasons, the Mustangs have combined for 44 wins, a school record. SMU will enter the season looking for a third straight postseason tournament berth, for the first time since 1997-2000.

SMU begins the season on Monday Nov. 9, with an exhibition game against Abilene Christian, before starting the regular season on Friday Nov. 13 at home against Loyola Marymount. Both games will be played at Moody Coliseum.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Receives Votes In USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Poll

Postby ponyscott » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:15 pm

We appreciate the post, but can we make sure that it says 'Womens' team get votes?......kind of false advertising....just saying...its cool that they are getting notice....
ponyscott

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 pm

ponyscott wrote:We appreciate the post, but can we make sure that it says 'Womens' team get votes?......kind of false advertising....just saying...its cool that they are getting notice....

Can you make sure that you kiss my buttocks?
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby George S. Patton » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:48 am

The loss of Wills really changes the post scoring dynamic of this team because Elliott's going to draw a lot of attention. This is time for Severin and Day (although I think Haley is more of a wing) to bring up the scoring and get the heat off of Elliott.

We have to balanced this year. Love the attention for this squad because I think we're going to be pretty good. I guess the good news in this -- if you can call it that -- is that we have some lead time going into the season developing a rotation and plan of action knowing Wills won't be there. If the Wills injury had happened during the season, it could have sent it in odd directions.

It just stinks losing her because I love watching her play.
George S. Patton

Postby ponyscott » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:35 am

Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote:
ponyscott wrote:We appreciate the post, but can we make sure that it says 'Womens' team get votes?......kind of false advertising....just saying...its cool that they are getting notice....

Can you make sure that you kiss my buttocks?

It's just courtesy to put specifically which gender and we can make a choice to read it or not at that particular time....you can kiss you own ....
ponyscott

Postby abezontar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 am

It was in the bball forum, did you really think the Men's team would get Top 25 votes?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:18 pm

No but wondered what the heck it was about ( maybe just wishful thinking)...no worries...just a simple 'W' is cool....
ponyscott

Return to Basketball