PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tonight's Game - Sad

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tonight's Game - Sad

Postby easierdonethansaid » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 am

Face it SMUzers.....ya'll may be a loyal and little bunch but the team, atmosphere and student support is baaaaaaad.
1. How are we louder than you in your own barn?
2. Halftime entertainment is a "hip-hop dance team" from SMU? Thats funny.
3. Your school is small, so is your student section. Nuff said.
Recap - I made it to SMU campus from 15 miles away in 20 minutes, it took me 20 minutes to park, watched most of the first half, laughed at halftime, listened to us drown you out, watched us beat you pretty easily, left after the game ended (What is the peace sign you all hold up???), got in my car and it took me 45 minutes to get home because I spent half that time getting off campus. Looking forward to Samford in our gym!
easierdonethansaid

Re: Tonight's Game - Sad

Postby CalallenStang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 am

In the time it takes most Aggies to get 30 credit hours, the average SMU student completes their undergraduate degree program, starts their own business, and makes their first million.

Of that first million, $1,174.92 is spent on pizza - delivered by an Aggie. The Aggie receives $176.24 - total - in tips. The Aggie, unsure of why they received this amount in tips, goes to the A&M bookstore to buy a math book. They open it to Chapter 1 - "How to count to 10."
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKai » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 am

The peace sign is actually a set of pony ears. Remember, that involves a live animal, so we don't let Aggies know too much about it. Having said that, I am very impressed by the enthusiasm of the visiting crowd even when they knew beforehand that there would be no live sheep brought onto the floor at halftime.
PonyKai

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:02 am

easierdonethansaid wrote:Face it SMUzers.....ya'll may be a loyal and little bunch but the team, atmosphere and student support is baaaaaaad.
Recap - I made it to SMU campus from 15 miles away in 20 minutes, it took me 20 minutes to park, watched most of the first half, laughed at halftime, listened to us drown you out, watched us beat you pretty easily, left after the game ended (What is the peace sign you all hold up???), got in my car and it took me 45 minutes to get home because I spent half that time getting off campus. Looking forward to Samford in our gym!

Don't be mad because you couldn't get off campus fast enough to go home and get out your celebratory can of Vasoline while listening to the new Aggie War Hymn, The Ding Dong song.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby friarwolf » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 am

20 minutes to find your way off campus, huh???????? What an idiot...............
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby therack » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:20 am

friarwolf wrote:20 minutes to find your way off campus, huh???????? What an idiot...............

The traffic did suck big time...!!! However, i think it's because the damn aggies don't know how to drive in the big city
therack
Junior Varsity

Postby Alaric » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:25 pm

easierdonethansaid wrote:Face it SMUzers.....ya'll may be a loyal and little bunch but the team, atmosphere and student support is baaaaaaad.

Well, we wish our bball team was better at this point but at least our football team could beat yours and we'll prove it in 2011 when we beat you at Kyle Field.
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyfan08 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Talk about sad, what about that Smackdown in Norman on Saturday?

The Big Red Machine slapped it on ya 65-10!

Good luck with Baylor.
[deleted] Dang Sweet Perunatang!
ponyfan08
All-American

Postby NastyStang » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

The only valid point from the Aggie mouth was the halftime show. I think I got more [deleted] from Aggies about that show than I did the basketball game.
NastyStang
Varsity

Postby FriscoPMG » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 pm

NastyStang wrote:The only valid point from the Aggie mouth was the halftime show. I think I got more [deleted] from Aggies about that show than I did the basketball game.

You'd think the higher ups would've had enough foresight to recognize that this is the biggest crowd we're getting all year and the overall presentation (starting with traffic flow/parking and including the halftime show) would've been a little more emphasized.
At least it was an exciting game, so you left thinking about the game instead of the embarrassing halftime show. I have a feeling with no marketing dept, we should expect plenty more halftime thrills this season!
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby therack » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:02 pm

I have to agree about the halftime show... That was absolutely awful!!! Also, even though A&M has larger fan base, it still sucks that their fans just took over the moody… That’s just my opinion…
therack
Junior Varsity

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:08 pm

It is no wonder all the aggies are interested in basketball, they don't have football team to watch. The aggies are getting used to giving up 60+ points - that is their scoring defense in football and basketball.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Return to Basketball