PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Justin Haynes

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Justin Haynes

Postby Corso » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:14 am

He looked really good tonight. Looked more confident shooting from the perimeter, and seemed to get his feet under him better for more elevation on his jumper. Slashed to the rim pretty well, and was active on defense. Best game I've seen him play since he has been a Mustang.

Keep it up, Justin.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Re: Justin Haynes

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:27 am

at least against FGC, he showed he can create his own shots and we need as many of those guys as we can find. I liked the way he slashed to the hoop and when the defense collapsed, he kicked it out to guys on the wing for open shots rather than forcing things and picking up a charge. Showed pretty good court awareness for the minutes I saw
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 am

We need one of Haynes/Harp to put up some numbers. Safe bet is Haynes as he's more athletic and plays decent perimeter D. Like what we saw from him last night, had a great line. We desperately need someone w/size who can create, and move the ball effectively, or finish, when they get in the lane.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby papawasamustang » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:43 am

PonyDoh wrote:We need one of Haynes/Harp to put up some numbers. Safe bet is Haynes as he's more athletic and plays decent perimeter D. Like what we saw from him last night, had a great line. We desperately need someone w/size who can create, and move the ball effectively, or finish, when they get in the lane.

Glad to see Haynes breakout. Haynes just needs alot of PT. Hopefully Doh will give him the same opportunity that Harp has had. I still feel that if Doh would have given Haynes @ least half the minutes he wasted on Harp last season & so far this season, Haynes would be even further ahead in his development.
On a side note, Haynes is a great kid. He was outstanding working with my kids @ one of the Kids camps last season. I really appreciate how he treated my kids & took the time to try to teach two 6 year olds & a 5 year old (with no attention span) how to play some hoops.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Return to Basketball