PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

cooling off period

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

cooling off period

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

I think I am going to 'take a pill' and wait to see what happens in the TCU game next week. We lost to them last year and should have revenge on our minds right? No reason not to be 'up' and sharp for them at home next week. Can we all agree that TCU game is clearly a must win game? Let's tone down the fire the coach rhetoric for a week, hibernate over thanksgiving, and see what happens next week. We'll know more soon enough. I generally hate the deletion of threads, but I actually wouldn't mind if some of these threads disappeared. We will all have a chance to vent after TCU. Good luck to Doh and the team, everyone wants to see this season salvaged and to take a step forward in the conference standings.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: cooling off period

Postby SMU89 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Agree.

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving.
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:17 am

This is a great thread. The reality is that we're 2-2, which is where most thought we'd be. We are playing worse then many of us expected, but it doesn't change where we are right now. I don't think TCU is a must win, but it sure would be nice. I'm more concerned about UNLV on national TV and the Hawaii tourney in general. If you survey CUSA right now, it's not all that scary, even for a team playing this badly. Also, lets get back Nyakundi, he's basically a starter. Not having his perimeter shooting and length, hurts.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby friarwolf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 am

What is the latest on Nyakundi????????
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby d_pony » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

talked to him at the game - he said he thought he would be back for the TCU game :D
d_pony
Varsity

Postby Cardinal Puff » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Feeling a little better about 2-2 with usf beating virginia and the aggies getting a win over clemson.
Cardinal Puff
Varsity

Return to Basketball