PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top gun

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Top gun

Postby PonyPride » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:09 am

Jillian Samuels, SMU's most prolific three-point shooter, played the entire 2008-09 season with a torn labrum in her right (shooting) shoulder. All she was play in almost every game, and make 59-three-pointers, the fourth-highest single-season total in SMU history.

After the season, Samuels had her shoulder surgically repaired, and rehabbed the injury for three months. Now, as one of the senior co-captains of the Mustangs' 2009-10 team, she is back to her old tricks, leading her team in three-pointers again. She also has her sights set on a return trip to the postseason, and a run at the all-time SMU three-pointers record.

http://www.ponyfans.com/features/index.php?id=139

Enjoy!

Webmasters
PonyFans.com
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Top gun

Postby PonyTales » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:34 pm

I'd love to see how good SMU would be — in all sports — if every athlete was as tough as JB seems to be. Terrific story.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Hoofprint » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Great story
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:38 pm

That's pretty cool and a great competitor for the Stangs. For her to able to shoot step back three's while still working on her strength is even more impressive.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Vitale » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I admit, I've never torn a labrum. Until I read this, I didn't know what a labrum was.

But I have separated my shoulder, and when I did (they popped it back in), it was excruciating for weeks to do much more than lift a pencil. The fact that she could tear something in her shoulder and hit 3s is mind-boggling. That is one seriously tough Mustang.

Good luck, Jillian — continued success. Hope you break the record.
Vitale
All-American

Postby Bigtime41 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Great story on a great player. Not many could play with that type of discomfort and yet be productive. It's good to see JB rounding into form based on her performance over the last 4 games. I look for JB to finish strong and good luck on her getting the record.
"Failure is not an option"
Bigtime41
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball