PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Saturday NC Central game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Saturday NC Central game

Postby Mestengo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Just win.
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Just glad the kids had fun today and could feel good about themselves. If they want to salvage anything, they get their chance this week.
George S. Patton

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 pm

for those who were there, how did Barbre look? Obviously the kid can shoot, but is he a guy who should see a few more minutes?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyscott » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 pm

I'd recruit very well, Nick, very well. Not much of the coaching type, though. Don't you think the reason I'm so critical of Orsini may b/c I know how he's perceived in the basketball industry?[/quote]

Can you still be objective though being so close to the SMU program for so long?....just askin...sometimes you can be too close.....[/quote]

I don't work for SMU, or w/their apparel company etc. I'm only close b/c I'm a fan/alum, and water cooler talk in my industry gives the straight poop on most programs, not just SMU. I'm not blind to the issues, but I also have a 3rd party perspective on what this job is and isn't. Specifically, how it is regarded on the food chain, if its AD is a pro or con etc[/quote]

Understood. What is your industry as it relates to Basketball? Is it consulting or scouting? thx
ponyscott

Postby friarwolf » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:for those who were there, how did Barbre look? Obviously the kid can shoot, but is he a guy who should see a few more minutes?

Yes, as I said in another thread, the kid can shoot the 3. He has that look about him that says I can fill the basket up - he is what everyone thought we were getting with Harp. He does not look like a baller but every shot he put up yesterday looked like it was going in..........
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby PonyDoh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:07 pm

ponyscott wrote:I'd recruit very well, Nick, very well. Not much of the coaching type, though. Don't you think the reason I'm so critical of Orsini may b/c I know how he's perceived in the basketball industry?

Can you still be objective though being so close to the SMU program for so long?....just askin...sometimes you can be too close.....[/quote]

I don't work for SMU, or w/their apparel company etc. I'm only close b/c I'm a fan/alum, and water cooler talk in my industry gives the straight poop on most programs, not just SMU. I'm not blind to the issues, but I also have a 3rd party perspective on what this job is and isn't. Specifically, how it is regarded on the food chain, if its AD is a pro or con etc[/quote]

Understood. What is your industry as it relates to Basketball? Is it consulting or scouting? thx[/quote]

shoe game, but not w/Adidas. Competing brand
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm

PonyDoh wrote:
ponyscott wrote:I'd recruit very well, Nick, very well. Not much of the coaching type, though. Don't you think the reason I'm so critical of Orsini may b/c I know how he's perceived in the basketball industry?

Can you still be objective though being so close to the SMU program for so long?....just askin...sometimes you can be too close.....

Understood. What is your industry as it relates to Basketball? Is it consulting or scouting? thx[/quote]

shoe game, but not w/Adidas. Competing brand[/quote]
Keds?
George S. Patton

Postby NickSMU17 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:23 pm

british knights?

ITZ?
NickSMU17

Postby Mestengo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:06 pm

What's the yellow stuff all over the walls in here?
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball