PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Moody Redo

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Moody Redo

Postby NastyStang » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:04 pm

I've seen some people mention a Moody renovation in the past. Is this still just future plans or does SMU have an exact date to start? Plenty of time last night to look around the empty place, curious to what will be done. Even though the atmosphere was awful last night, I've seen Moody alive and hope a face lift makes it even better.
NastyStang
Varsity

Re: Moody Redo

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm

well given the way things are going I guess they could move the games to Dedman while the renovation takes place
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm

RGV Pony wrote:well given the way things are going I guess they could move the games to Dedman while the renovation takes place

Or a phone boothe.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 am

Slide that Moody floor across the pool at the natatorium and you've got Joe Perkins Gymnasium all over again. Maybe bring Bob Prewitt back, as well! I think we could fill Perkins Gym once or twice per season.
Bergermeister

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:49 am

Unfortunately, Perkins is literally crumbling and in terrible shape. If there is one facility on campus that needs immediate attention and replacement it is Perkins. Plans have been placed on the shelf for a new swimming complex for the past year. The economic down turn killed fund raising efforts to build a beautiful new complex which would put the finishing touches on a beautiful "vard". Our swimming teams are barely hanging on to remain competitive because our facilities are so antiquated and in disrepair. Neither the university or athletic department wants to take responsibility for either the Perkins pool or the out door pool and fingers are being pointed as to responsibility. In the interim, no repairs and maintenance are are being effected. Tha same lockers are in both the women's and men's locker rooms since 1959. Only difference is 40 layers of paint. Recruiting is really suffering as a result and I am amazed at how the swim coaches are still bringing in talent; however, we are slipping every year. The situation is desperate. I know your reference is to the total lack of attendance at Moody and I am off the point, but I had to make a statement as to the terrible state of conditions at Perkins Natatorium.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RE Tycoon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 am

PoconoPony wrote:Unfortunately, Perkins is literally crumbling and in terrible shape.

And it smells like urine.
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby couch 'em » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:58 pm

RE Tycoon wrote:
And it smells like urine.

I'd like to apologize for that.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby PonyDoh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm

PoconoPony wrote:Unfortunately, Perkins is literally crumbling and in terrible shape. If there is one facility on campus that needs immediate attention and replacement it is Perkins. Plans have been placed on the shelf for a new swimming complex for the past year. The economic down turn killed fund raising efforts to build a beautiful new complex which would put the finishing touches on a beautiful "vard". Our swimming teams are barely hanging on to remain competitive because our facilities are so antiquated and in disrepair. Neither the university or athletic department wants to take responsibility for either the Perkins pool or the out door pool and fingers are being pointed as to responsibility. In the interim, no repairs and maintenance are are being effected. Tha same lockers are in both the women's and men's locker rooms since 1959. Only difference is 40 layers of paint. Recruiting is really suffering as a result and I am amazed at how the swim coaches are still bringing in talent; however, we are slipping every year. The situation is desperate. I know your reference is to the total lack of attendance at Moody and I am off the point, but I had to make a statement as to the terrible state of conditions at Perkins Natatorium.

fix the remaining revenue first, worry about Presidents Cup stuff later
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PoconoPony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:31 pm

PonyDoh wrote:
PoconoPony wrote:Unfortunately, Perkins is literally crumbling and in terrible shape. If there is one facility on campus that needs immediate attention and replacement it is Perkins. Plans have been placed on the shelf for a new swimming complex for the past year. The economic down turn killed fund raising efforts to build a beautiful new complex which would put the finishing touches on a beautiful "vard". Our swimming teams are barely hanging on to remain competitive because our facilities are so antiquated and in disrepair. Neither the university or athletic department wants to take responsibility for either the Perkins pool or the out door pool and fingers are being pointed as to responsibility. In the interim, no repairs and maintenance are are being effected. Tha same lockers are in both the women's and men's locker rooms since 1959. Only difference is 40 layers of paint. Recruiting is really suffering as a result and I am amazed at how the swim coaches are still bringing in talent; however, we are slipping every year. The situation is desperate. I know your reference is to the total lack of attendance at Moody and I am off the point, but I had to make a statement as to the terrible state of conditions at Perkins Natatorium.

fix the remaining revenue first, worry about Presidents Cup stuff later

???????????????????????????????????
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:40 pm

"fix the remaining revenue first, worry about Presidents Cup stuff later"
images.jpg
images.jpg (2.74 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

Gerald Turners?
ponyscott

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I got a nice survey via email a while back that I filled out. It asked about suites, seat locations, and the works. Looked like a nice rendering. Hopefully better than the knuckleheads who installed the scoreboard and the new floor.
Pony_Fan

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:15 am

Bergermeister wrote:Slide that Moody floor across the pool at the natatorium and you've got Joe Perkins Gymnasium all over again. Maybe bring Bob Prewitt back, as well! I think we could fill Perkins Gym once or twice per season.

I was going to make a wise crack at that, but you beat me to it. Having lived in Morrison Hall, I
couldn't believe that Perkins Natatorium next door was once the "basketball coliseum" :!: Found
that out while browsing my Dad's 49, 50 Rotundas.

Bob Prewitt was the coach while I was at SMU, and know he was Doc Hayes' assistant.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:35 am

Very true, and guess what, the Mustang Band is also affected by the poor state of affairs at Perkins as the band hall (if you can call a space that small a "hall") is in the Perkins basement. They need a new space too, and since the band is a major part of the atmosphere at both football and basketball games, it would fulfill PonyDoh's request of fixing "the remaining revenue first."

So there you have it, PonyDoh, Perkins Natatorium needs to be replaced to help salvage the remaining revenue.
CalallenStang

Return to Basketball