PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More Matt Doherty sorriness?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

More Matt Doherty sorriness?

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Talked with a friend earlier in the day. He mentioned that while the basketball team was out there, Doherty did not allow the team to go to the bowl game.

These are Hawaii times I'm using. But the bowl game started at 3 p.m. and the team didn't play that day and didn't play until 9 a.m. on Christmas morning.

Now, this is just a rumor. Have no idea if it's fact. So if anyone else knows of this, there are those who would be interested.

But if this really did happen, why would he do that? Why not just take them to the first half and then leave for dinner and lights out for an early wakeup time.

If this is fact, then Matt Doherty is just a Class A [deleted].
George S. Patton

Re: More Matt Doherty sorriness?

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:06 pm

we know you hate him, stop it
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm 99% sure that the basketball team went to the bowl game
CalallenStang

Postby Peruna88 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 pm

I heard out there that the team voted to practice instead of going to the game.

2 cents.
Peruna88
All-American

Postby ontheedgeofmyseat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 pm

don't let facts get in the way of a good gsp panty wod...
ontheedgeofmyseat
Heisman

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 pm

That's fine is some of you want to shoot the messenger. Admittedly, the title of the thread gets your attention. But I'm just passing along what I heard via this source's interpretation. And based on Cal's and 88's responses, things are not adding up.

So if this is too distressing for you to read, don't read it.
George S. Patton

Postby ponyscott » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:54 pm

never saw any SMU Basketball players at the Bowl game...
ponyscott

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 am

ponyscott wrote:never saw any SMU Basketball players at the Bowl game...

I didn't either, but heard that they would be going - heard that from someone on the island the day before the game.

Maybe with the C of C loss, the team decided to practice instead of watching the game.
CalallenStang

Postby mustangbill67 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 am

I do not know whether the team went to the bowl or not or even whether they wanted to go to the bowl. Afterall they were out there to play in a basketball tournament. I saw and talked to both Faye and Papa on several occasions and both seemed relaxed and were enjoying the trip except for the losses. I also do not understand why this thread has such an inflamatory title when the true facts as to the bowl , the basketball team and their desires are not known. All we have is some rumor passed on by Patton who himself chose not to go to the bowll but takes every opportunity to slam DOH on a personal level.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoofprint » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:35 am

mustangbill67 wrote:I do not know whether the team went to the bowl or not or even whether they wanted to go to the bowl. Afterall they were out there to play in a basketball tournament. I saw and talked to both Faye and Papa on several occasions and both seemed relaxed and were enjoying the trip except for the losses. I also do not understand why this thread has such an inflamatory title when the true facts as to the bowl , the basketball team and their desires are not known. All we have is some rumor passed on by Patton who himself chose not to go to the bowll but takes every opportunity to slam DOH on a personal level.

Really? You don't know?
Consider the source. Shouldn't surprise anyone.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Arkpony » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:36 am

I talked to two of the B-Ball player sin Hawaii, and when I asked them if they were going to the Bowl game, they replied they were going elsewhere, I think Pearl Harbor. But at least not to the game.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PonyDoh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

lol @ gsp. Not only are you a flaming baiter, you have crappy sources
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 am

Amid the ire directed toward me, it does NOT appear that those in the know can really put their finger as to what did and did not happen. I'm just looking to see what's up.

Some need to stop portraying Doherty as a sympathetic figure given what he did postgame Saturday.
George S. Patton

Postby PonyDoh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 am

George S. Patton wrote:Amid the ire directed toward me, it does NOT appear that those in the know can really put their finger as to what did and did not happen. I'm just looking to see what's up.

Some need to stop portraying Doherty as a sympathetic figure given what he did postgame Saturday.

I know what happened and why. I'm just not going to dignify this thread on a public message board. You want an answer, feel free to PM
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 2112 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 am

Hoofprint wrote:
mustangbill67 wrote:I do not know whether the team went to the bowl or not or even whether they wanted to go to the bowl. Afterall they were out there to play in a basketball tournament. I saw and talked to both Faye and Papa on several occasions and both seemed relaxed and were enjoying the trip except for the losses. I also do not understand why this thread has such an inflamatory title when the true facts as to the bowl , the basketball team and their desires are not known. All we have is some rumor passed on by Patton who himself chose not to go to the bowll but takes every opportunity to slam DOH on a personal level.

Really? You don't know?
Consider the source. Shouldn't surprise anyone.

gomer patton... is a sorry..sun of a b!t(h..
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball