PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Memphis loses

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Memphis loses

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 pm

to UTEP
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Memphis loses

Postby PonyDoh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 pm

gotta get after them this year b/c reinforcements are coming
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby papawasamustang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm

PonyDoh wrote:gotta get after them this year b/c reinforcements are coming

Hey PD, that's what they are saying about us with our 10 recruiting class :)
Seriously, add a PG & I really like our class.
Last edited by papawasamustang on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 pm

papawasamustang wrote:Seriously, add a much discussed PG & I really like our class.

Haven't we all been saying that the past two to three recruiting classes?
CalallenStang

Postby papawasamustang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Yes we have. Even with a healthy Luttman, last years recruiting class of Clink & Luttman looks really weak IMO.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:33 pm

papawasamustang wrote:Yes we have. Even with a healthy Luttman, last years recruiting class of Clink & Luttman looks really weak IMO.

yes, very weak class
Pony_Fan

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 pm

papawasamustang wrote:Yes we have. Even with a healthy Luttman, last years recruiting class of Clink & Luttman looks really weak IMO.

true
CalallenStang

Postby PonyDoh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:39 am

CalallenStang wrote:
papawasamustang wrote:Seriously, add a much discussed PG & I really like our class.

'07 was too hyped for it's actual skill level. There wasn't much polish there, just some decently high ceilings. Dia & Nuk are keepers, but I always liked Malone offensively, so it's a shame both he and Rhodes couldn't get it going. Malone was an effective scorer as a frosh. I don't remember much hype around '08 other then McCoy and possibly Otis, who was still just a 3 star kid. Luttman/Clink was a bad class, mostly b/c of the assistant turnover. '10 has, by far, the most actual skill level of those classes. It will also rank worse then 07 and maybe 08, just b/c of the Euro's, as well as Smith who didn't really travel very much on the AAU circuit. Easily a Top 3 class in the league, but won't be rated that way. As Papa said, we need a PG badly.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mr. pony » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 am

PonyDoh wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:

'07 was too hyped for it's actual skill level. There wasn't much polish there, just some decently high ceilings. Dia & Nuk are keepers, but I always liked Malone offensively, so it's a shame both he and Rhodes couldn't get it going. Malone was an effective scorer as a frosh. I don't remember much hype around '08 other then McCoy and possibly Otis, who was still just a 3 star kid. Luttman/Clink was a bad class, mostly b/c of the assistant turnover. '10 has, by far, the most actual skill level of those classes. It will also rank worse then 07 and maybe 08, just b/c of the Euro's, as well as Smith who didn't really travel very much on the AAU circuit. Easily a Top 3 class in the league, but won't be rated that way. As Papa said, we need a PG badly.

C'mon. Is your real name Donny Nelson?
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball