PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thanks for the Memories

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thanks for the Memories

Postby Bigtime41 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am

I would like to thank the SMU Womens Basketball seniors, Brittany Gilliam, Alice Severin, Jillian Samuels and Delisha Wills for all the memories. Although 3 may only be honored tonight this senior class leaves as one to the most successful classes in SMU history. Even though Delisha hasn't played this year due to injury she has been a rock for this team and I look forward to seeing her finish her playing career next year. As a parent of one of these seniors I want to thank everyone for their support and for being a fan of my baby Jillian (JB) Samuels because she has had a magnificent career at SMU. Your support and comments on Ponyfans have always been positive and fair. In hindsight she made the best decision for her because SMU wanted her and she wanted to come to SMU. No where in my wildest dreams did I imagine that when I gave Jillian a basketball ball at age 2 it would lead to her playing Division I basketball and she ending her college career in the record books. On average only 5%-7% of all high school girls basketball players standing less than '5-6" are offerred D1 scholarships and I want to thank Rhonda and her staff for allowing JB an opportunity to further her education at such a prestigious institute as SMU via basketball. Since age 9 it has been an absolutely wonderful ride watching all these young ladies grow and mature into beaufiful adult women who will obtain a college degree. That distinction in drive and determination can also be attributed to their loving parents sacrifices and support. Congratulations to the Seniors for their hard work and dedication and to their parents for their unconditional love and support. Good luck on finishing the regular season winning tonight, winning the conference tournament and getting to the postseason dance. Go Stangs!!!
"Failure is not an option"
Bigtime41
Junior Varsity

Re: Thanks for the Memories

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Hope there's a large crowd for senior night tonight. It should be a great game and a tremendous opportunity to give thanks and appreciation for all the seniors have done over their careers.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:03 pm

This has been a really extraordinary senior class.
I, for one, will be there (with my family) to cheer one more time at home for JB, Alice and BG.

Let's not forget that if we win tonight, it's another 20-win season for Coach Rompola. If you had said at the beginning of the year that she'd lose Delisha Wills to an injury and still have a chance at 20 wins, a lot of people would have said you were nuts. She has developed young players and gotten contributions from some who were expected to be bit players this year. Coach R continues to do a stellar job with that program.

Go Ponies! Beat Tulsa High!
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:27 am

I'd also like to thank this years seniors for the memories, because there have been some excellent ones during their tenure. The win over UTEP in the finals of the conference tournament 2 years ago, and last years win over TCU will always be 2 of my favorites.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Return to Basketball