PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Nigel Smith

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Nigel Smith

Postby PonyTales » Tue Jul 18, 2000 1:07 pm

Nice to see the link on your home page to the Nigel Smith story. But it was a little inclear -- HE seems to think he'll play again, but is there any indication from doctors whether or not he'll ever get back on the floor?
PonyTales
Heisman

Re: Nigel Smith

Postby D » Tue Jul 18, 2000 11:45 pm

I hope he is eventually able to come back, but he hasn't picked up a basketball in two years (I don't think). Do you think he will be able to recapture the skills he had before he was sidelined? I see this taking a little longer than he envisions. Maybe I'm wrong, but if he hasn't played 5 on 5 in awhile then he will be missing the touch and the chemistry that takes some time to redevelop. It would be nice to have him for 3 more years though. Anyone know how the NCAA would rule on this one? I don't quite understand those rules after the Bandy situation.
D
Varsity

Re: Nigel Smith

Postby HorsePower » Wed Aug 02, 2000 4:01 pm

A friend of Nigel's said he's been cleared to practice in a month or so. The friend described Nigel as being very excited about the idea, and said he seems relatively unconcerned about the potential for another injury.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Basketball