PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New basketball commitment

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New basketball commitment

Postby PonyExpress » Wed Aug 09, 2000 12:52 pm

Does anyone know anything about this kid who committed to SMU this week? I think his name is Brian Davis, and he was listed as a 6-5 shooting guard from Lewisville. I think he scored 16-17 points per game last year.

My question is this: How many shooting guard/small forward players are we going to take? I gather he and the kid from Lancaster are great players, but before long, every player on the roster is going to be 6-4 to 6-7 and have identical playing styles.

We need a little variety, like another super-quick point guard (a la Renaldo Bratton and Damon Hancock) or of course -- and this is redundant, of course -- A BIG GUY or two!
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Re: New basketball commitment

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Aug 09, 2000 1:13 pm

WE NEED BIG MEN. Nigel coming back should help the big man situation, but we still need more. They are hard to find, but we have 5 SG/SF in the lineup. We need an alternate attacker on offense.

By the way, I saw Nigel two days ago. He looks very good. He claims that he will be ready for October 15th. I wish him the best.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Basketball