PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cant wait till 10-15-2000

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cant wait till 10-15-2000

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Oct 05, 2000 1:10 pm

I can't wait. I have not seen this years schedule, but I sure hope it is more challanging than last years. We need to play some competition so we are prepared for the WAC tourney and NCAA's. I think that killed us, we were so used to playing easy teams and blowing them out, we did not know how to handle good competition.

We need to win the WAC Tourney, we have an auto bid into the NCAA tourney, and I see us having a great conference record and then blowing the WAC tourney.

Voc Atkins, Damon Hancock, Sasser, Willie, and Forinash...that is a lineup. Q coming off the bench, the sixth man providing a spark. We can be unstoppable. The pickup of Voc is huge. He is a player from what I hear.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 10-06-2000).]
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Cant wait till 10-15-2000

Postby ponytalk » Thu Oct 05, 2000 1:49 pm

Fornash went to a big man camp this summer. I still don't think we will be a threat down low. Don't forget DeWayne Floyd and Neimi.

I have not heard a lot about Voc either, but I know he is really good.

Couldn't agree with you more about the schedule. Why do we play D-IAA teams. Is this Dements doings? Are big schools afraid to play us? Lets play UT and A&M maybe even a UCLA or UNC. A huge game. Lets challange ourselves, we can get an upset.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 05, 2000 11:21 pm

Everyone will find this year's schedule plenty tough enough. Tenn has top 25 talent and NMSU will have a quality program. Tourneys have pretty strong fields and it appears we have good 1st round draws, so we are set up to play some quality opponents in both tourneys. Let's just hope it doesn't lead to a less than .500 non-conference showing. We need WINS in order to attract more fans this year!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUguy » Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:03 pm

Is Floyd back? I'd heard rumors that he was unhappy and wanted to transfer, although I have seen him in the stands at a few soccer games. There's also some talk that Nigel Smith will be back. Is that true?

Voc Atkins is supposed to be the best outside shooter we've signed in years. Can't way to see him fill it from behind the stripe.

Damon Hancock will take over this year. He's 6-4, incredibly quick, very strong and becoming a better shooter. If he continues to improve his outside shot and extend his range, Hancock will get drafted into the NBA.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:56 pm

SMUGuy,
I have heard that DeWayne is here to stay and Nigel will be ready to play. I talked to him the other day and he wants to be back on the court...don't blame him.

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Basketball