PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jibran Kelley

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jibran Kelley

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Oct 26, 2000 1:09 pm

With Fornash out, and Neimi injured, Jibran will play a big role. I am wondering who will start, Nigel, DeWayne, or Jibran. I think this will be an interesting battle. But Jibran looked real good last night. He has grown several inches and has gotten a lot stronger. I think this has helped him get a lot more aggressive. He seems to have more confidence than last year. His shot looks consistant, also.
Nigel looks like he is still getting in the groove, so Jibran might have to pick up the slack a little until Nigel is back 100%.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Jibran Kelley

Postby ponytalk » Thu Oct 26, 2000 1:46 pm

Jibran did not get as much playing time as he should have last year. I sure hope this does not happen again. Smuponyfan, you are right, he does look good.
ponytalk
Varsity

Re: Jibran Kelley

Postby Bballer » Sun Dec 03, 2000 11:38 pm

Jibran looks a lot better this year. He should get some decent PT.
He needs to still gain some weight to be a true threat and defensive player down low, but he brings quickness and finese to the position. This helps when going up against slow big men. Hopefully he will work on his shot so he can be a threat from 6-10 feet out. With Fornash and DeWayne out, he has helped out a lot.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball