PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

PONIES WIN!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

PONIES WIN!

Postby ponytalk » Sat Dec 02, 2000 7:51 pm

Great game. I forgot how exciting bball is after a disappointing FB season. I thought the crowd was a little small for the home opener, but I think we are not getting very much press, I think we are under-hyped and under-rated.

Go Ponies!
ponytalk
Varsity

Re: PONIES WIN!

Postby SMUPonyFan » Sun Dec 03, 2000 4:19 am

I too thought the crowd was a little small for the opener. Not sure what it is, there seemed to be a lack of students at the game, but I noticed the ones there made their presence felt with Tulane, they did some serious trash talking. I thank the few students for that, I think Moody should be a place visiting teams fear to visit. I read somewhere the crowd was just under 3,000. I remember the Tulsa game last year, it was packed and Moody was a madhouse. That was fun.
Also, what is up with the 5 dollar parking everywhere? That did not happen last year did it? If it did, somehow I escaped it. Anyone know why they are charging now? New parking garage, maybe?
Oh well, it was a fun game, the Ponies played awesome. Damon is a real leader out there. For those of you who sat at home, you missed a fun game. Hope to see bigger crowds later on in the year.
Go Ponies! Upset Tennessee!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U

[This message has been edited by SMUPonyFan (edited 12-03-2000).]
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby MustangMatt » Sun Dec 03, 2000 5:06 am

smuponyfan,
I also noticed the group of students letting Tulane have it. I snapped a couple photos. Enjoy! And PonyFans, if you are loud enough, maybe you will be featured on PonyFans.com!

These loyal fans even moved to a better location later in the game.
------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!

[This message has been edited by MustangMatt (edited 12-03-2000).]
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Postby Bballer » Sun Dec 03, 2000 11:30 pm

Is that Cavan in the top picture? I think it is. Wow does he look interested and having a great time with the recruits.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Dec 07, 2000 3:25 am

In the picture with Coach Cavan, SMU DE Trent Hrncir is one on the one with his hands raised. The last one of the left. Nice to see the football players support the basketball team.

[This message has been edited by ALL4SMU (edited 12-07-2000).]
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Basketball