PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU rankings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU rankings

Postby Bballer » Mon Dec 04, 2000 5:40 pm

I have been surfing around and in the espn rankings SMU received 9 votes and in the fox sports poll SMU received 7 votes.
I found a fans poll and you rank top 25. SMU has 195 votes but is at the bottom of the votes list. Lets change that and try to get some publicity for SMU!
Here is the direct link to the poll, all you have to do is move SMU up! <A HREF="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/fanspoll/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/fanspoll/index.html</A>

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Re: SMU rankings

Postby D » Mon Dec 04, 2000 5:49 pm

I was pretty disappointed when those rankings came out this morning. I thought we had a great week and would get a little more recognition for some good wins (although Tulane looked really weak). Two of the games were in tough gyms yet we didn't get much of a change (7 votes last week, 9 this week).
D
Varsity

Re: SMU rankings

Postby Bballer » Mon Dec 04, 2000 6:20 pm

True, D.
But, in order to make it into the top 25 we will have to beat a top 25 team. I think the only hope of that is Tennessee and Oklahoma(if all goes right in that tourney in Dec.). But some hope arose when I saw Sagarin had us #20! That is awesome!
Tennessee will be a really hard game, but I think if Nigel, Jibran, and Neimi play well and DeWayne plays the game of his life, we have a great chance to win.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball