PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Grades

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Grades

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote:
LHS81 wrote:
MeanGreen90 wrote:Let me start by saying that unlike many of my brethren, I hold no I'll will toward your program or your fan base. I think we are similar in many ways, yet also very different.

It really concerns me to see some of your fans posts on here, though. It looks now that it will amount to nothing, but before some of you knew that, you were already going into full protection mode, wanting to hire attorneys and deny that the sun comes up every morning if necessary in order to protect yourselves. Seems you learned nothing from the 80s.

SMU wasn't given the death penalty because they cheated, SMU was given the death penalty because they not only continued to cheat, but used the exact tactics that many of you are calling for in this thread: denial and evasiveness.

Just admit the sin, correct it, and move on. Best policy in sports and in life.

I do think you guys are headed for probation with your basketball program. Not because I hate SMU (I don't), not because of this scandal, but because that is what has happened to every program that has hired Larry Brown in the last 20 years.

NOW THIS IS FUNNY!!! Did Tony Mitchell ever get his high school diploma from Pinkston before entering, or while at North Texas St.

Don't be stupid. Tony Mitchell had to complete a year of college at UNT before ever stepping on the court. During that year, he achieved B honor roll status.

Before "UNT is a JUCO" jokes start, ask yourself what Keith's GPA might be.

But did he ever receive his diploma from Pinkston while sitting out or before?
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyKris89 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 pm

yep, Larry Brown has pulled down every program he has been with…

UCLA- NCAA Finals
Kansas- National Champs
Pistons- NBA Title
76ers- Multiple runs in the playoffs with not that great of personnel, even with Iverson
Clippers- went straight to playoffs with him, and straight back down to the bottom without him…

Yep, LB has a pretty sorry track record, MR. MeanGreen.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby CenTXpony » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote:Let me start by saying that unlike many of my brethren, I hold no I'll will toward your program or your fan base. I think we are similar in many ways, yet also very different.

It really concerns me to see some of your fans posts on here, though. It looks now that it will amount to nothing, but before some of you knew that, you were already going into full protection mode, wanting to hire attorneys and deny that the sun comes up every morning if necessary in order to protect yourselves. Seems you learned nothing from the 80s.

SMU wasn't given the death penalty because they cheated, SMU was given the death penalty because they not only continued to cheat, but used the exact tactics that many of you are calling for in this thread: denial and evasiveness.

Just admit the sin, correct it, and move on. Best policy in sports and in life.

I do think you guys are headed for probation with your basketball program. Not because I hate SMU (I don't), not because of this scandal, but because that is what has happened to every program that has hired Larry Brown in the last 20 years.

Anyways...... after wasting more of my time reading bull s*** from someone other than Shipp.....

LETS GO BEAT USF!!!!
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby malonish » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:53 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote:
I think you needs to re-read this thread and then re-read my post.

I think you need(s) to re-read your conjugation rules.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:53 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:yep, Larry Brown has pulled down every program he has been with…

UCLA- NCAA Finals
Kansas- National Champs
Pistons- NBA Title
76ers- Multiple runs in the playoffs with not that great of personnel, even with Iverson
Clippers- went straight to playoffs with him, and straight back down to the bottom without him…

Yep, LB has a pretty sorry track record, MR. MeanGreen.

FWIW he also took the Bobcats to the playoffs one season.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby ponyinNC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:59 pm

You can't spell c_u_n_t without UNT.

MeanGreen90 is the perfect example.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:13 pm

http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

obviously i'm missing something. how does a tv station have the right to plaster a student's grades all over tv for the sake of ratings during super bowl week?
Nacho

Postby PonyKris89 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

ponyinNC wrote:You can't spell c_u_n_t without UNT.

it used to be called NTSU..
Not Too Smart University.

But in all fairness, I would not mind my son attending, since he is a musician and they have a strong music and radio/TV dept/multi media
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby ponyinNC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:19 pm

^^^ Great avatar^^^

I do have some HS friends that ended up at NTSU and I don't hold it against them. They're not stupid enough to post on an opposing school's message board however.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:20 pm

PonyKris89 wrote:
ponyinNC wrote:You can't spell c_u_n_t without UNT.

it used to be called NTSU..
Not Too Smart University.

But in all fairness, I would not mind my son attending, since he is a musician and they have a strong music and radio/TV dept/multi media

I've heard they have a good music program as well. As for anything else, meh. But man, our board is in the dumpster right now. First, some guys that just hijack threads. I remember bickle on the basketball boards, then you have some so-called fans on the football board, then you have the inferiority-complex group like CG (or whatever he goes by now) and this meangreen fellow. SMH.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby ponyinNC » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:24 pm

yeah, this site is like an American embassy in the middle east - we seem to attract every crazy focker out there!
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Nacho wrote:http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

obviously i'm missing something. how does a tv station have the right to plaster a student's grades all over tv for the sake of ratings during super bowl week?

I think the only thing the Act protects is an "educational record" with “Personally identifiable information” such as a name, social security info, address, parent's name etc. That information is redacted. As I mentioned before, this is pretty common in litigation to redact privileged information from an otherwise privileged document-for example patient records, minor's records, tax returns or attorney billing records will be used with privileged information redacted. It is the information not the entire document which is privileged and in fact a lot of those documents aren't really a student's "Educational record". They are investigation records of the DISD. An educational record would include a report cards, transcript etc. There is a difference between a "educational record" and an internal "investigation record"
Last edited by Stallion on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sbsmith » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:44 pm

ponyinNC wrote:yeah, this site is like an American embassy in the middle east - we seem to attract every crazy focker out there!

I literally laughed out loud at this
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby lwjr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Stallion wrote:
Nacho wrote:http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

I think the only thing the Act protects is an "educational record" with “Personally identifiable information” such as a name, social security info, address, parent's name etc. That information is redacted. As I mentioned before, this is pretty common in litigation to redact privileged information from an otherwise privileged document-for example patient records, minor's records, tax returns or attorney billing records will be used with privileged information redacted. It is the information not the entire document which is privileged and in fact a lot of those documents aren't really a student's "Educational record". They are investigation records of the DISD. An educational record would include a report cards, transcript etc. There is a difference between a "educational record" and an internal "investigation record"

Since I do not live in Dallas, I have been unable to watch any of BS's reports. Are KF's actual grades being reported or just a generalization that he might have passed or failed or whatever the case maybe?
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:24 pm

No transcript or report card-grades were redacted from investigation report
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball