PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Grades

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Grades

Postby ponydawg » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Harry0569 wrote:/DROPS MIC

ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:18 pm

This thread should be deleted
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:15 pm

One wonders about the identifying of a specific kid and announcing his grades? Isn't their a law protecting the student's right to privacy? HIPPA defines identifiable characteristics and one can't use any without written permission. Thus, the use of a kid's athletic honors (All- American, top 5 recruit), his school how be a clear HIPPA violation. Wouldn't DISD be liable for disclosing KF's grade history?

Seems SMU should provide KF a lawyer, use attorney client privilege to protect the arrangement, and go after DISD, WFAA and anyone else violating this kid's privacy rights.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MeanGreen90 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Let me start by saying that unlike many of my brethren, I hold no I'll will toward your program or your fan base. I think we are similar in many ways, yet also very different.

It really concerns me to see some of your fans posts on here, though. It looks now that it will amount to nothing, but before some of you knew that, you were already going into full protection mode, wanting to hire attorneys and deny that the sun comes up every morning if necessary in order to protect yourselves. Seems you learned nothing from the 80s.

SMU wasn't given the death penalty because they cheated, SMU was given the death penalty because they not only continued to cheat, but used the exact tactics that many of you are calling for in this thread: denial and evasiveness.

Just admit the sin, correct it, and move on. Best policy in sports and in life.

I do think you guys are headed for probation with your basketball program. Not because I hate SMU (I don't), not because of this scandal, but because that is what has happened to every program that has hired Larry Brown in the last 20 years.
MeanGreen90
Recruit

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:57 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote:Let me start by saying that unlike many of my brethren, I hold no I'll will toward your program or your fan base. I think we are similar in many ways, yet also very different.

It really concerns me to see some of your fans posts on here, though. It looks now that it will amount to nothing, but before some of you knew that, you were already going into full protection mode, wanting to hire attorneys and deny that the sun comes up every morning if necessary in order to protect yourselves. Seems you learned nothing from the 80s.

SMU wasn't given the death penalty because they cheated, SMU was given the death penalty because they not only continued to cheat, but used the exact tactics that many of you are calling for in this thread: denial and evasiveness.

I do think you guys are headed for probation with your basketball program. Not because I hate SMU (I don't), not because of this scandal, but because that is what has happened to every program that has hired Larry Brown in the last 20 years.

That's the part of the reaction I actually liked. Rallying around family, protecting the program. Need more of that...carry on mean greenie
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 pm

MeanGreen90 wrote:Let me start by saying that unlike many of my brethren, I hold no I'll will toward your program or your fan base. I think we are similar in many ways, yet also very different.

SMU was given the death penalty because we weren't Texas or A&M yet were a threat to them in the early 80s. SMU did nothing wrong in this current instance, and a reporter is trying to drag SMU's name and one of our players through the mud to get publicity for a story which primarily concerns the DISD.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Dude, we were saying that because nothing was proven against the SMU doing wrong. If something had been proven it would have been a different story. So there was no sin the correct. Also, the bible says to judge not lest ye be judged. It looks like you have judged us already on the Frazier situation. Seems like you have some shortcoming that you need to correct.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:01 pm

It's the return of MGGem.

Let's move on to something important, USF.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby PonyKris89 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:02 pm

…so what you are saying is SMU should have just taken it up the Arse from Shipp and enjoyed it… great advice!

obviously, the posters here were correct in their outrage, and our response has nothing to do with the Dumbasses that continued the illegal payments in the 80's. Not a very good analogy, MeanGrean.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah I'm sure if wild accusations with no proof or evidence were thrown at UNT your entire message board would've been just fine and dandy with it right? Please dude.

As to your last point, um, how many programs have hired Larry Brown in the past twenty years? To try and make any sort of connection to the rallying on here behind our program to the coverup of the pay for play scandal in the 80's is beyond stupid.

Good luck in C-USA. Thank God we got out when we did. We will continue to play all of our revenue sporting events on ESPN, sellout Moody consistently, put together a national title contending squad, and (hopefully) fire Jones after this season and get football back on track. Enjoy the Sun Belt 2.0 (especially with the departure of ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane).
Last edited by StallionsModelT on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

MeanGreen90 = Travis Bickle?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Didn't know the NBA had teams on probation. Thanks for the insight.
smusic 00

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Something you will never hear:

"Mom! Dad! Guess what?!?! I just got into UNT!!!!"
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:12 pm

"I think we are similar in many ways."