PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tennessee game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tennessee game

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2000 7:41 pm

Any game-watching parties around town for PonyFans?

Re: Tennessee game

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2000 8:09 pm

I don't know about any parties, but what are are chances against the Vols. Is it even going to be close? Can we really compete with these guys? I know we have a pretty good team, but Tennessee is ranked what, number 7.

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 06, 2000 10:35 pm

we have some quality guys who will certainly hold their own against the Vols, but I'm comcerned about some "match-up" problems. That Slay kid (a 6-8 guy with both bulk & quickness who plays both inside/out) may present a problem in man-to-man. My guess is that Dement will see if Willie D can handle him, but this might take Willie out of the offense (fatigue factor). Their big man, Hathaway is a load at 6-10 (we could really use Forinash and his 5 fouls) and creates another match-up problem. I expect we will see some match-up zone from the Ponies in this one. An opportunity for Dement to show what kind of bench coach he can be.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponytalk » Wed Dec 06, 2000 11:23 pm

I think we will see if Dement is good or not. I don't think he has every used his bench very well, but tomorrow we will see. This is his first test of the season, and in my opinion in a while. Our last was against Tulsa and a bad mistake and poor free throw shoting lost us that one in double OT.
Dement will have to coach a great game, the ball will have to fall our way and several players will have to play the games of their lives. This will be a tough one, but winning is by no means, <I>out of the question.</I>
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Basketball