PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why I am calm about the game last night....

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Why I am calm about the game last night....

Postby Jason » Fri Dec 08, 2000 2:49 pm

I think last night the Mustangs played a tough game, against a very good team, in a very tough environment to play in. And you know what? We played pretty damn well. Yes, we let the game slip away in the end, but it takes time to get used to playing top teams on the road. This will help us along the way, in the OU game and in the tourney.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that we all have to ralize that we are not just building one good team. We are building a PROGRAM. This PROGRAM will continue to improve as we play more and more big games each year. We lose sasser and willie this year, but look at the class coming in next year! Look at the guys waiting to fill in their spots! A game like last night not only helps this team, but it helps the program. And SMU is going to be hanging around the top 25 for the next 5 years, mark that down right now.

This is an improving team and an improving program, and last night was another step in the right direction. The difference is that we took 1 step forward (outplaying them in the first half), instead of 2. I dont give a rats [deleted] about whether or not SMU is in the top 25- this is not a bowl system, so it really doesnt matter. What matters is if the team is good. Well, this team IS good. And this program IS good. The future is bright, boys. Enjoy it!
Jason
Recruit

Re: Why I am calm about the game last night....

Postby Hotel California » Fri Dec 08, 2000 2:57 pm

Well said. The future is indeed bright. The basketball team sure gives us something to cheer about.
Hotel California
Recruit

Return to Basketball