PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs UH

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU vs UH

Postby Webmaster » Sat Dec 09, 2000 2:45 am

Check out <A HREF="http://www.coogfans.com" TARGET=_blank>www.coogfans.com</A> , it is a similar site to this and go let them know that we will get revenge in basketball from our football loss in September.

We play UH December 17th at Moody. Let's let them know that PonyFans are true fans!

------------------
Please click on an ad, it is those advertisers that allow us to keep this site free!
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: SMU vs UH

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Dec 09, 2000 6:56 pm

Oh, I think we're well aware that SMU has a real team. I'd rate the Ponies just a hair below the Horns this year.

The Coogs have a strong frontcourt but it's not deep. We have Fr. Alton Ford, Jr. Patrick Okafor and Soph. George Williams. Beyond that there's walk-on Moceanu, SF Chad Hendrick (who'll play some two) and that's about it. We had both Okafor and Ford on the bench against UConn and saw a marginal second half lead dwindle away. We ended up losing by 12 on the road.

If we play competively and you don't, we could win this game. You just have more horses (pun intended) and depth than we do. Good luck after our game. BTW, I doubt many bball players care about revenge from the football game.

Also, do your basketball players have the same stringent academic guidelines that other players have? I heard of at least one player (Top 10 in Texas) that didn't have a high enough GPA to get considered by SMU but he had a fine SAT. That said, I've read that you're loosening the standards a bit in the future. Just curious on that. Eat'em Up!

------------------
<A HREF="http://coogfans.com" TARGET=_blank>CoogFans.com</A>
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Bballer » Mon Dec 11, 2000 1:34 pm

The basketball team did have to abide by the same rules, to the best of my knowledge. We did loosen our standards, but that really won't take effect until next year.

Now, to Dec. 17th's game vs. UH. I hate to say this but I think UH is really going to have their hands full. We have just come off of our first loss and a very close loss to a Navy team we should have beat by more than 2 at the last second. The team will be fired up to be back at home and will put a pounding on the coogs. But for entertainment's sake, I hope it is a close game.

I went to the game last year and I thought it was pretty good, but we ran away at the end. Here is to a good game!

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby The Q » Mon Dec 11, 2000 5:44 pm

How big is the UH front court? Size was the only reason we lost to Tennessee. (OK, there was also Neimi's free throws and Sasser's brain-lock at the end...)
The Q
Varsity

Return to Basketball