PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jon Forinash

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jon Forinash

Postby Dement-ed » Mon Dec 11, 2000 5:49 pm

Does anyone know when the Big Fella will be back?
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Re: Jon Forinash

Postby ALL4SMU » Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:39 am

Good question. Anyone?

TTT
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 13, 2000 9:32 am

last thing I read was that he hoped to be back for conference play, but haven't heard an update since before the season started.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponytalk » Wed Dec 13, 2000 3:31 pm

I think I heard the same, he will be back for conference play. But will it matter? Only if we substitute and use our depth to our advantage. It does no good to leave quality players on the bench and wear out our starters. The Tennessee game proved this theory. Nigel did not see the court for any decent period of time and Jibran never saw it the second half, after a great first half.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby D » Wed Dec 13, 2000 4:02 pm

Heard he was cleared to practice after the Tennessee game. Not sure how long Dement will think he needs to get into game shape, but would like to see him against UH against their strong big men. I think he will add a bunch inside. I see Dement using him a lot more than the other big men and hopefully he will be able to give some points and boards. Hopefully, the three headed monster will become stronger with 4 and I'm sure Dement will figure out the best rotation for the opponent.
D
Varsity

Return to Basketball