PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Looking into the crystal ball

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Looking into the crystal ball

Postby DreadHead » Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:50 pm

The coming year will yield many rewards for the Mustang hoopers. First, look for Quinton Ross to emerge as "the man," Willie Davis to record a 20-point, 20-rebound game and Jeryl Sasser to record not one, but two triple-doubles.

By the way, Lavardicus Atkins is the REAL DEAL. He hasn't even fully recovered from a knee injury and he is playing well (9 points in 9 minutes vs. Nebraska).

See everyone at Moody on January 4 for the WAC opener against San Jose State.
DreadHead
Scout Team

Re: Looking into the crystal ball

Postby Horseshoe » Sat Dec 30, 2000 3:31 pm

Yo, Dread, I think your hairdo is squeezing the oxygen from your brain.

The Q will not be the man for at least one more year, because this is Damon Hancock's team already, despite the headlines that always go to Sasser and Davis. Damon is the man who makes the Mustangs go. As long as he's here, The Q -- who's becoming a great all-around player -- always will play second fiddle.

Can't see Willie D. going 20-20, except against Nevada, and that's only if their hoops team is as sorry as their football team -- which is hard to imagine.

The two triple-doubles are a legit prediction for Sass, though. I can see that.

Don't get too carried away with Voc Atkins. After a few years of great recruiting, I think we overhyped this kid a little. He's talented, obviously, but he appears a touch too short and not very quick (I know he's injured, but it's a stretch to say he's 6-3, and he's going to struggle getting his shot off.) Until that knee is healed COMPLETELY, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he can improve on defense -- which he NEEDS to do.
Horseshoe
All-American

Return to Basketball