PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SJSU Game tonight

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SJSU Game tonight

Postby PK » Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:53 pm

The start of conference play for SMU is tonight at Moody ... we need to get out there and support this great team of ours!!!
Game starts at 7:35 ... BE THERE!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SJSU Game tonight

Postby Bballer » Thu Jan 04, 2001 1:08 pm

I am very ready. I will be there and I will be there on Sat. too!

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby D » Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:57 pm

Anyone know what happened with Nigel last week in Oklahoma and whether it will hurt his playing time inn conference play? With Niemi out indefinitely, we need all the help we can on the inside.
D
Varsity

Postby Bballer » Thu Jan 04, 2001 7:56 pm

I don't think whatever he did will hurt his PT, afterall, he didn't really have any PT before this, did he?

------------------
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby D » Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:59 am

True, he wasn't getting much before but I was hoping as the year progressed he would get more comfortable on the court and bring some help inside. Just want Dement to have the option. Last night Dement went with Kelly and Floyd and worked them on a high low with Lowe. Worked for a couple of possessions. Would be nice to have some consistency and threats inside so the opponent won't be able to blanket the perimeter. That being said, Kelly and Floyd were huge on the boards last night coming up with some big ones down the stretch.
D
Varsity

Postby Bballer » Fri Jan 05, 2001 2:31 pm

I don't think Dement is rotating the big men enough. Nigel never plays; it seems like Dement puts in Kelley or Floyd and then forgets about them. Kelley had some great rebounds tonight. He is really maturing and stepping up. I wish we could see more of Nigel. He needs to see the court more to re-adjust.

Oh well, great win over a tough SJSU team. I got scared at the beginning, they looked tough and we looked bad, but we picked it up.

See yall Saturday!

------------------
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball