PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cowlishaw

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cowlishaw

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Jan 12, 2001 1:16 pm

So, what do you guys think about the Cowlishaw article in the DMN? It is quite sad I think that more students do not show up for the games. It was ridiculous when I went there but this is crazy..we have a legit team and they are fun to watch...

Make sure you get friends to go to games!!
If the Mustangs make it to the NCAA's I would think that Dement would probably be going elsewhere unfortunately for greener pastures...thoughts??
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Cowlishaw

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2001 5:24 pm

You're right, that's a major concern. But as I understand it, his contract only allows a reasonable buyout if he's approached by an ACC school. Another school would have to pay handsomely to get him, so I would think he'll need to prove he can win again after Jeryl and Willie leave. If he can get the team back to the tournament next year with Damon, Q and the Simpson kid, then we'll have a hard time keeping him.

Re: Cowlishaw

Postby bodo92 » Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:47 pm

I thought that Cowlishaw didn't know what he was talking about. I haven't made a game yet this season, but I'll bet Cowlishaw saw games during the holidays when the kids are at home...SMU isn't a big draw in Dallas in any sport and won't be until football improves to at least match the high school level...Too many other things going on in the big city for anyone to care about a team that hasn't made the NCAAs since 93, and lost in the first round of the NIT...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pony_Fan:
<B>So, what do you guys think about the Cowlishaw article in the DMN? It is quite sad I think that more students do not show up for the games. It was ridiculous when I went there but this is crazy..we have a legit team and they are fun to watch...

Make sure you get friends to go to games!!
If the Mustangs make it to the NCAA's I would think that Dement would probably be going elsewhere unfortunately for greener pastures...thoughts??</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
bodo92

Return to Basketball