PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hint for Jeryl

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hint for Jeryl

Postby Dement-ed » Sun Jan 14, 2001 1:10 am

Sass -- notice how the rest of the team listens to the coaches? Give it a shot (and that doesn't mean another corkscrew 40-footer).

[This message has been edited by Dement-ed (edited 01-13-2001).]
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Re: Hint for Jeryl

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 14, 2001 1:27 am

Hold on - that's not fair. Sasser is as responsible for the Ponies' run as Hancock is. He's the best player this school has had in ages. Pay Jeryl some respect. He's earned it.

Postby ponytalk » Sun Jan 14, 2001 3:29 pm

Jeryl has earned respect, but that came his soph year. He has not earned much last year and this year so far. If anything, he is hurting his value.

I will give him this much, he is the marquee player on the team right now. Everyone has high expectations for him and when he does not produce on offense he is blasted by us fans. That is part of being a big time player. I respect him but I also think he does not want to improve. I think he thinks he is at the top of his game. That is why he controls the ball. But he must realize, he cannot do it all on his own, especially with the way his shot and control problems are right now. He has too good of a supporting cast around him to try and take control. He must realize, a great player makes his teammates look great. He is not doing that. This is Hancock's team right now. When Hancock has the ball, the team is better, when Sasser has the ball, it is Sasser vs.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Jan 14, 2001 4:21 pm

I would have to agree. Hancock was the difference in the comeback and is more stable in my opinion..he is the player for the Mustangs right now. Far too often I see Sasser make really low percentage shots and is out of control most of the time. I don't think he is ready for any NBA team the way I have seen him play the last two years.
When SMU is clicking, (see the Tennessee first half), Sasser lets the team play and they are much more productive. I cringe when I see him take a 35 ft 3 pointer with no one to rebound under the basket..Maybe he'll put it together but I haven't seen it yet..
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball