PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Team leader

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Team leader

Postby Dement-ed » Fri Jan 26, 2001 3:39 pm

Damon Hancock is the best player on the team this year, no question about it. But as far as the emotional heartbeat of the team, I like DeWayne Floyd. He plays with a genuine emotion, seems to thoroughly love the game and the team, and he gets the fans involved with his hollering and arm-waving. His spirit is infectious, and he's developing the game to go along with his great attitude. Give us a team full of DeWayne Floyds, and Coach Dement could take this team a long, long way.
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Re: Team leader

Postby sniper » Sat Jan 27, 2001 11:59 am

DeWayne is a heckuva lot of fun, it is true. Know who I like even more than Mr. Floyd in that respect? Voc Atkins. His energy level and enthusiasm beat anyone I've seen in a long time. When he polishes his skills, he's gonna be a special, special player.

Beat TCU!
sniper

Postby ponytalk » Sun Jan 28, 2001 1:02 pm

Damon was unstoppable against TCU last night when he penetrated. He also broke down TCU's full court press. Damon is by far the best player on the team. He makes everyone around him play better. That is the best sign of a great player. Did anyone see that pass he had in the first half to Q when Q hit the three? That was awesome! Damon sees the court!
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Mon Jan 29, 2001 2:31 pm

He deserved to be an All-American. Sasser and Davis are not showing us All-American play right now. I sure hope that Hancock is not over looked. He is a great guy, great leader, and an awesome player.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:58 pm

Of course Hancock deserves All-American honors. Best guard in Texas, or in the WAC. He won't get it because the team doesn't get enough attention, and most of the attention goes to Jeryl and Willie, but Damon is the best player we've had in years and deserves all the awards he can get.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:28 pm

Hancock and Q are the heart and soul of the team
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:22 pm

Yea, I think Hancock is the better player this year. For some reason he wasn't bringing the ball up the court as much as Sasser at TCU. Also, I was wondering why we were having trouble with the press.
Where did Floyd go? Last year he was on a tear...
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball