PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pessimist's Viewpoint

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pessimist's Viewpoint

Postby Houston Pony » Fri Jan 26, 2001 4:54 pm

I think this year's team is quite sad. Before the season started, I was cautiously optimistic, thinking a Sweet 16 berth not to be out of reach. We had Sasser and Davis coming back, and an emerging Hancock would get to display his skills a bit more now that Woods had graduated. (In no way is that a slight to Woods. He was a great player, and an outstanding leader, and we needed him on the court. Hancock wasn't quite ready, but the talent was obviously there.) Sasser AND Davis have jacked around and limited this team's improvement. Right now, I believe Fresno, TCU, UTEP and Tulsa to be superior teams. They may not beat us talentwise, but teamwise they do. Sasser's no better than his brother Jason, who's bounced around the CBA, abroad, and on 10-day NBA contracts.
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Re: Pessimist's Viewpoint

Postby Vitale » Fri Jan 26, 2001 7:48 pm

HP, I think you're wrong. There's some tension on the team right now, but that happens EVERY year to EVERY team at one point or another. I heard Michigan State had a midseason fight during their national championship season ... and they turned out OK. This team is too talented, and Dement is too good a coach, for us to give up on them just yet. Keep the faith - Dement will turn this around.
Vitale
All-American

Return to Basketball