PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Forinash

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Forinash

Postby Bballer » Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:51 pm

John played GREAT at the beginning. He had several rebounds and a blocked shot, but Dement took him out and put in Niemi? What the hell is that about, nothing against Niemi, but if Forinash is playing well, LEAVE HIM IN! If he needs a breather, give him one then get him back in.

What goes through coaches heads? He has been doing this all year, when Nigel shows signs of playing well...he takes him out, same with Jibran, and Niemi, and Floyd.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Re: Forinash

Postby ponytalk » Sun Jan 28, 2001 1:12 pm

John has gotten aggressive, he has also displayed some nice shot-blocking against TCU and Rice. I also noticed how Dement took him out of the game and he never made it back in. Jibran was in fould trouble for most of the game, so why not keep Big John in...since he was playing well.

[This message has been edited by ponytalk (edited 01-28-2001).]
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby FWMustang » Mon Jan 29, 2001 2:20 pm

It seems he took him out when Davenport started hitting all those jumpers from outside.

I guess he felt someone more agile was needed to cover him all over the court, but Niemi wasn't in for long. It seem like we went back to the line up of Willy, Kelly, Hancock, Sass, & Q.
Go RED! Go BLUE! Go MUSTANGS! S-M-U!!
FWMustang
Varsity

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:39 pm

Big Jon has become a nice inside player. Hopefully he'll pick up steam as the Ponies hit the home stretch. He could be a real nice surprise in the WAC tournament, and I look for him to have a huge year next year of he comes in healthy.

Return to Basketball