PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I want the Mustangs in March Madness

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I want the Mustangs in March Madness

Postby MustangNancy » Fri Feb 02, 2001 12:32 am

Come on SMU Mustang team! You have the talent. Let's get the chemistry going and win, win, win. I want to watch you in the NCAA tournament!!!!

Win the rest of your conference games - and all the other ones while you are at it. Why don't you try to be the Cinderella team this year.

Go Mustangs!!
Go Mustangs!!
MustangNancy

Re: I want the Mustangs in March Madness

Postby Bballer » Fri Feb 02, 2001 3:28 am

We are no Cinderella team, that is for sure. And if we were to win, it would not be a Cinderella story. More like something we need and should do.
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangNancy » Fri Feb 02, 2001 11:33 pm

Bballer,

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought a Cinderella team is one that isnot expected to go far in the NCAA tournament - but is a team that catches fire right before the tourney and continues to win and advance to the semi-finals or finals.

Go Mustangs
Go Mustangs!!
MustangNancy

Postby Bballer » Sat Feb 03, 2001 3:01 am

Lets just settle down and take this one game at a time. We cannot win a big game or a meaningful conference game, yet. We need to finish WAC play then start worrying about the WAC tourney then worry about NCAA's.
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Feb 03, 2001 2:09 pm

Yes, the Cinderalla teams come out of nowhere and go far in the tourney.

Hee hee Image

I'd love to see the 'stangs in the tourney MustangNancy. Yes, they were predicted to win the WAC this year in many publications. Unfortunately we need to play with some emotion and chemistry before we start talking NCAA's. Realistically from what I've seen at this point let's just hope for good WAC play and NIT! We need to win a big game!!!!!
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangNancy » Sat Feb 03, 2001 7:59 pm

I agree Bballer and Pony_Fan. I know we need take and win one game at a time. This is a must. And I know we need to get the chemistry together.

I was just trying to stir up some excitement. I do think that this team is talented - as talented as many other teams who will play in the post season tournament. So Mustangs work hard and get the chemistry bubbling.

I hope some of the players read these posts. If they work hard, win the WAC - and get a bid to the NCAA - they have a chance to shine before a much larger audience.

Go Mustangs!!!
Go Mustangs!!
MustangNancy

Postby ole jim » Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:42 pm

GO CHEMISTRY!!!
ole jim
Recruit

Postby LadyBaller2001 » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:56 am

Just Do It !!!!!!!!!! Go Mustangs...
LadyBaller2001

Postby Grider » Mon Feb 12, 2001 10:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ole jim:
<B>GO CHEMISTRY!!!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ole Jim, you're so verbose, You should really think about shortening your posts.
The fact however remains, I will cry in my pillow if we don't make the NCAA tourney. We have got to find a way to win the big games!!
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby Mcambymvp » Mon Feb 12, 2001 11:43 pm

I think we actually need to win out possibly only loosing one. Also, a great WAC tourny showing is also needed. This team has the talent. We have one of the mostunderrated guards in the country in Jerryl Sasser and the best Rebounder in the WAC in Willie Davis. I think we will do great and beat TCU and Fresno State!
Mcambymvp

Return to Basketball