PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

IMPORTANCE OF SMU-TULSA

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

IMPORTANCE OF SMU-TULSA

Postby Bballer » Fri Feb 02, 2001 3:42 pm

This game on Saturday is going to be SO important. It would be so awesome to stay undefeated at home. A win would not only make us 9-0 at Moody, but it would put us back into the race to lead the WAC. It would also give us the confidence that we can beat a great team at home. A win tomorrow could really get some talk going about being undefeated in Moody, a challenge that we could accomplish, but it will be a challenge.

Everyone is bad mouthing SMU for its fan support. Well, time to show them they are wrong. We CAN BE great fans. The turnout will really help the players win this game. Fans in the stands at home really do have an affect on the players. Comon PonyFans! Lets beat the hell out of Tulsa.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Re: IMPORTANCE OF SMU-TULSA

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Feb 03, 2001 1:39 pm

I have to agree that this game is very, very important. If we pull out a win it will boost their confidence and they can start playing basketball the way they should be. It will be important to have rebounding, defense and very few turnovers. No traveling!!! We travel about 4-5 times a game.

Fresno lost to Hawaii so I think at this point you can say that anyone can beat anybody on a given night in the WAC. TU is coming off a dissapointing lost to TCU...
GO PONIES beat TU
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: IMPORTANCE OF SMU-TULSA

Postby Vitale » Sat Feb 03, 2001 7:46 pm

This is a HUGE game.
I will be there.
I will be LOUD.
And I want to see all PonyFans there, and hear them, too! Right ot the final whistle!
Vitale
All-American

Return to Basketball