PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Moody - helping football recruiting?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Moody - helping football recruiting?

Postby Corso » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:03 am

Moody was as loud tonight as I've heard it in years. There were times my wife was talking to me and I couldn't hear a word she was saying (aaah, the bliss....) I just hope Cavan and his crew had one or two prized recruits in for a last-minute visit, because nobody could pull out that excuse about fan support.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Re: Moody - helping football recruiting?

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:07 am

How about the band? They damn-near blew the roof off the place, and they finally played some new songs in their rotation. They were great!
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Postby Bballer » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:31 am

Did they announce the attendance? It was pretty full in there, but not quite a sell out. It took the SMU fans a while to get there and get into the game, but once they did it was fun.

Also, once the SMU fans got into the game, the team picked it up. Just proves that fans do matter, and so does home court.

The band was great. How about those sumo guys playing basketball, that was hilarious. Good job during breaks keeping the crowd into it.

But the student section was once again pretty empty. What is the deal. SMU students are embarrassing the pride of SMU. I heard several Tulsa fans comment on that.

It was a great night, the people that did not come to the game really missed out, it was truly exciting. Your loss if you were not there.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2000!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby ponytalk » Sun Feb 04, 2001 1:14 pm

The attendance was just over 6 grand. It was the student turnout that hurt the attendance. At a game like that, the attendance should be at 8,000. The students lack of pride and overall characteristics of being a bum, made the attendance a lot lower than it should have been. There is no reason why there are not 2,000 students at this game. It is Saturday night. You can go to your parties after the game. Isn't 10:00 when you go out anyway?

What a bunch of bums.

I heard a Tulsa fan say, "There are more Tulsa fans here than SMU, that is embarrassing." Good thing we whopped them and sent them home.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:26 pm

Of the 6000+ in attendance last night at Moody, I would estimate that 1000 were Tulsa fans. They were loud and they do a good job of supporting their team. However, we had 5000 Pony fans there, which is a considerable improvement over the past few games. But the significant thing is that our fans really got into the game during the second half when we overcame Tulsa's lead. It was fun being there.

I am looking forward to the game this Thursday with UTEP. They have great fan support - almost 11,000 were at their game with TCU yesterday. Our fans will need to show up, too.

Not to overlook Rice. Autrey Court is a tough place for a visiting team. Remember, although we beat Rice pretty handily at Moody, two days later they beat TCU in Fort Worth. I was able to plan a business trip to Houston this week, so I'll be at the game tomorrow night!
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Return to Basketball