PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sasser Always put's in 100%

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sasser Always put's in 100%

Postby LadyBaller2001 » Sun Feb 04, 2001 6:54 pm

The MVP was of course Sasser. After all defence wins games. He may only have scored 10 points, but his effort on the defensive end is what won that game.

Of course Damon held his 19 points and Ross hit the pretty 3 that set the Mustangs hot. But without the rebounds,assists, and steals layed out by Sasser to help win the game, nothing else would of mattered in the end.
Offense sells tickets...defence wins games..so there goes 100% from Sasser

Way to go Sasser and all the players.
LadyBaller2001

Re: Sasser Always put's in 100%

Postby Vitale » Mon Feb 05, 2001 1:17 pm

I don't think anybody question's Jeryl's desire to win or his effort. But I think you'll admit there are times when he forces things, when he goes for the spectacular play (when it works, he looks brilliant -- when it doesn't, we all get upset). It's at those times that some people think he's playing for himself, rather than for the team.

I don't like to see him ignore or shake off Coach Dement's advice, but I'd love a team full of guys who want to win as badly as Jeryl does.
Vitale
All-American

Re: Sasser Always put's in 100%

Postby Dirty Bird » Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:11 pm

Funk that. I never thought I'd say it, but we'll be better off when Sasser is gone. Q and Hancock run the show next year, and they'll be on board with Dement's ideas. Sasser's a cancer.
Dirty Bird
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball