PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Justin Isham

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Justin Isham

Postby Rambo » Sat Mar 03, 2001 2:01 am

I just watched the Lancaster/South Oak Cliff regional semifinal game and I must say I am impressed with Isham. He was one of the best, if not the best player on the floor. He can shoot, he can definitely sky (his head was over the rim), and he can actually make free-throws. He led all players with 23 points. He still has to grow mentally and physically, but he WILL be a key player in the coming years for the Ponies. He was all over the place on the boards. I don't know how many boards he had, but he gots his hands on most of them. Unfortunately, Lancaster was pretty much blown out of the water, so you won't get to see him in action until he is wearing red and white. Also, he's gonna have to choose a new number, as Damon already wears 4. He somewhat resembles Damon with the jumpstop, ball-in-palm, jumper. Come to think of it, Coach Rushing must teach that, alot of his players do it. Well, I'm rambling. Be ready for Isham in 2001-02!

------------------
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Re: Justin Isham

Postby ponytalk » Sat Mar 03, 2001 2:14 am

I also was there. I would agree he was the best or at least top 2 players on the floor. I was unimpressed with the game. It was very sloppy, undisciplined basketball. Isham looks to be a great athlete with a decent shot. His defense is nothing to talk about. I watched him in warmups and he could jump out of the building.

I think he was the fourth to commit. I have confidence that he will mature and his game will mature as well. It looks like he might grow a little more.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Basketball