PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Mar 03, 2001 6:51 pm

What a disappointing game....let that one slip away!! Signs of good play and then nothing for long periods.... I am not sure I have seen so many missed lay ups in my entire life!!!
Hancock was not so stellar today...Voc is showing promise with those 3's from downtown.

Man, what a disappointing season too!!! I remember being so excited about the possiblities this year Image

Hats off to Carroll for taking care of business for TCU....

Later Wild Willie Davis and Jerryl "out of control" Sasser
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: TCU

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 04, 2001 4:32 pm

You have to give credit to TCU. They hit 21-23 FTs in that 2nd half and their last 8 came under some real pressure. This was a game of 2 teams fighting for their NIT lives and TCU is still alive. Actually, the frogs are playing well enough that they just might be a factor in the WAC Tourney. Barring a miracle, the Ponies look to be headed for 6 straight losses and an 18-12 finish.

Can anyone remember a more disappointing finish for both football and basketball in a single school year? I don't count those 1-10 football seasons followed by 6-21 basketball campaigns because there were NO expectations in those years.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball