PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DeWayne Floyd

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

DeWayne Floyd

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Sat Mar 03, 2001 8:39 pm

Kudos to DeWayne Floyd, who was at Saturday's game, sitting in the student section and cheering for his friends on the team. All too often, an athlete gets suspended or removed from a team and never is seen again, either because he avoids the arena/stadium, or because he drops out of school altogether. But DeWayne was there, cheering with other students, etc. He clearly still cares about the team, and I hope he gets straight on whatever issues got him suspended. We need that kind of spirit on our campus.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Re: DeWayne Floyd

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 04, 2001 4:27 pm

Let's just hope DeWayne gets his act together academically and is back with the team next year. Dement was quoted as saying the suspension was for "the rest of this year", but he didn't rule out Floyd's eventual return to the team. We missed him. He's our most athletic big man.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 43FAN » Mon Mar 05, 2001 2:54 am

I have been talking to DeWayne about all of this and he will almost for sure be back for next season. All in all, he didn't do much wrong and is not in any academic trouble as of now. I agree it was great of him to come up and sit in the stands with us. It shows that he really cares about the team. If we do make it to the WAC Tourney Finals, he will be back with the team.
43FAN

Postby Vitale » Mon Mar 05, 2001 2:25 pm

43FAN - he'll be back if they make the WAC final? That's huge! Thanks for the tip.
Vitale
All-American

Return to Basketball