PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Am I the only one...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Am I the only one...

Postby Dirty Bird » Tue Mar 06, 2001 6:00 pm

who thinks that the season wrapup story was a little harsh on the Mustangs? We still won 18 games, and we have a chance at going to the Tourney.
Dirty Bird
Junior Varsity

Re: Am I the only one...

Postby Houston Pony » Tue Mar 06, 2001 6:29 pm

Hey Pansy,
Why don't you take your liberal bleeding heart, and move to District of Columbia. The Ponies laid a fat one this year, and I rank this year's version as the biggest disappointing SMU team in a long time. They had the talent to go to the Sweet 16, but Sasser messed around and never hit his shots in crunch time.

[This message has been edited by PonyPride (edited 03-07-2001).]
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Mullet Mike » Wed Mar 07, 2001 2:19 pm

Houston, the biggest joke is you thinking we had talent to go to the Sweet Sixteen. LOL! Do you watch the college or high school game?

Better yet, go to the AP top 20 and see how many of our players would get big PT on those teams. Hancock may see the floor as a back-up 2 and Sas would play, albeit in a diminished role, but he'd play. Other than that, this team has nothing in the frontcourt and Q is just learning to penetrate.

Your frustration stems from your ignorance.
Mullet Mike

Postby Rambo » Wed Mar 07, 2001 2:25 pm

DB, You're right we did win 18 games this year. But that is sub-par for this team. We should have gone at least 25-4. There were many games that we were leading until the middle/end of the second half and we handed the other team the game on a platter.

Also, we have no chance of going to the tourney (NIT or NCAA) unless fresno and tulsa's buses break down on the way to theire games.

------------------
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball