PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season ticket sellout?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season ticket sellout?

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 am

Will we completely sellout Moody next season with season tickets? I believe we were at 4,000 at the beginning of this season. We may have the most unique and exciting atmosphere in the country at Moody. We only need 3,000 more people to realize that. I think it will happen.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Season ticket sellout?

Postby SMU Section F » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 am

When I talked to the ticket office, they seemed to think this was likely. Really wish I'd added two additional this year like I said I was going to...
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby 2ndandlong » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:25 am

This year had approximately 4,500 season tickets sold. There are 1,500 tickets reserved for university use - students, faculty, family, etc. This leaves only 1,000 tickets remaining.
"This is . . . dedication to distraction by fans. Is that what I'm going to go with Jay?"
"That poor kid has to be wondering what is dad doing."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XknLDwj0dSo
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby okcponyfan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 am

most teams don't make every ticket available as season ticket. Usually you hold some back for single game sells to allow more people the opportunity to attend.
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:36 am

will they sell those seats as season tickets? I would imagine every sports team in the country leave some seats open for packages and single game tickets.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 am

We still have, including last night, too too too many empty season ticket holder seats. Every TV shot at the announcer table showed rows of empty red seats immediately behind the announcers.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 am

PoconoPony wrote:We still have, including last night, too too too many empty season ticket holder seats. Every TV shot at the announcer table showed rows of empty red seats immediately behind the announcers.

Those seats weren't empty. they just cut to the announcers at the table the most before the game and during halftime or right after the start of the 2nd half when our red seat patrons are in the event center. Literally 97% of the red seats are empty during halftime because they are loading up on the beer and wine they have paid for. The Red seats were pretty much 100% full last night (as they have been for all of the NIT games). Red seaters don't seem to show up for less marquis games though so I hope they improve the system to get them redistributed for next year's non conference and minor conference games.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 am

Pony_Law wrote:
PoconoPony wrote:We still have, including last night, too too too many empty season ticket holder seats. Every TV shot at the announcer table showed rows of empty red seats immediately behind the announcers.

Those seats weren't empty. they just cut to the announcers at the table the most before the game and during halftime or right after the start of the 2nd half when our red seat patrons are in the event center. Literally 97% of the red seats are empty during halftime because they are loading up on the beer and wine they have paid for. The Red seats were pretty much 100% full last night (as they have been for all of the NIT games). Red seaters don't seem to show up for less marquis games though so I hope they improve the system to get them redistributed for next year's non conference and minor conference games.

Thanks for the clarification because it looked bad on TV especially when they went to the announcers during game breaks.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LHS81 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 am

I'm sure they will set aside single game tickets. But, won't be too many set aside. Having said that. . . DAMN STRAIGHT! I'M RENEWING MY SEASON TICKETS :mrgreen:
2015 INDIANAPOLIS OR BUST
LHS81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mexmustang » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:12 am

Not all these seats are held by season ticket holders. Some of those seats in the center section are allocated to the board and administration, etc.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:33 am

There is standing room only and Stubhub to those that wish to attend. Season tickets are guaranteed upfront revenue $$$
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustang11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:36 am

Big12Mustang wrote:There is standing room only and Stubhub to those that wish to attend. Season tickets are guaranteed upfront revenue $$$

This thread is dumb cause it does not factor in price raise....if SMU decides to raise the prices a lot then there will be some fall out. Just be happy the team is doing a great job after coming out of slump/disappointment and move on....
Mustang11
Junior Varsity

Postby 2ndandlong » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:39 am

Very unlikely there will be a price raise this year since there was a price raise last year that was very substantial.
"This is . . . dedication to distraction by fans. Is that what I'm going to go with Jay?"
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby 2ndandlong » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:39 am

I expect prices to be reevaluated after next season.
2ndandlong
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:42 am

That is the impression I was given by the ticket office.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Next

Return to Basketball