PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Honestly

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Honestly

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:34 am

Does anyone think that the loss of Willie and Jeryl are going to take SMU basketball any further next year?

And do you think that Simpson, Castro, and the other two guys will have that much of an impact?

If SMU does not make it to the tourney next year, the bball program will go down the tubes. How can you justify keeping me, Mike Dement? I know the bowl haircut is great and I know you all loved me in the movie Dumb and Dumber, but there have been too many disappointing seasons with too much talent and ability.
Lloyd Christmas

Re: Honestly

Postby ponystudent » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:06 pm

Haha, I like the name, Lloyd. Dement could win a look alike contest.

In answer to your question. I know very little about the guys coming in next year. And I think another disappointing year will really start hurting recruiting, which we have done well with, and you could not justify keeping Dement. You would have to upgrade coaches or else the team will really slump and you will have to bring in a coach to totally rebuild the program, not just take us to the next level.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball