PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Damon's NBA future

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Damon's NBA future

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:26 pm

I was just wondering what everyone else felt Damon's chances of going to the show were after the 01-02 season. For some reason I see him in a Hawks jersey. No particular reason. I don't know though. Gimme some feedback.

------------------
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Viva Ponyball!!!!!
Rambo
Junior Varsity

Re: Damon's NBA future

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:00 pm

I noticed that Damon's name didn't show up on the 2002 mock draft (from the site shown on the home page of this forum). I also noticed that 3 Fresno St players were shown as probable draftees. Let's just hope Damon works hard in the off season and comes back to lead this team to exceed everyone's expectations. Then, perhaps we can discuss his draft status.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:54 pm

First round NBA Draft choice next year. Mark it down. Not a lottery pick or anything, but he'll go in round 1.

Didn't someone on this board quote an NBA scout as saying during his SOPHOMORE season that he (Hancock) has the best NBA future of all the current Ponies? Except for the flashy passes, he's a poor man's Jason Kidd, or maybe a Mark Jackson-type once he improves his outside shooting. A legit 6-4, strong, super-quick, tough defender, much-improved outside shot, better-than-average ball-handler. He's a 10-year NBA guard.

------------------------------------------------------

Damon IS Da Man!
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Postby ponytalk » Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:21 pm

I hate to say it but I don't think he is first round material. He by far is the best athlete on the team. He needs to gets his assists higher. Damon made himself into more of a shooting guard this year and his shot is not good enough for the NBA...at least not yet.

I could see Damon in the league for a decent amount of time as a two or three string point gaurd...unless he has an awesome season next year...which I would not mind.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Basketball